cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ARES-HD5870X2-PCIE-4GB & ROG Gaming Mouse Bundle

chrsplmr
Level 18
Geeks.com $959.99 Almost Gone

I know these are getting harder and harder to come by..
this may be the last of them...
8 REPLIES 8

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I didn't see that earlier when I was there looking....Bummer....

chrsplmr
Level 18
They are an odd place. Sometimes if you look under say, motherboards or GPU's they are not there. Search Asus. And Poof!!!

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
Killer kit indeed, but I'm not a collector, so I can't pay $960 for a 5870 Or any radeon for that matter, but certainly not a previous generation model.
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

chrsplmr
Level 18
Kool, so...Anybody but Jay..hahahaha... that is looking for one of these...hahahahaa..

I dont go there...ati vs. nvidia? Like amd vs. intel...? Not I. I would rather disagree on something important, like the proper length of toenails.
But there is something very annoying about loading a game when you have one type of card and it says, "........the way it was meant to be played."

Wha? I just paid $60 bucks for this game....It better play great on This card.....or $60w/this card and $30/this card should be on the game next to the big R.

This is a ROG Limited Edition (last gen) Combo Deal Ares....ROG Mouse...and that case...come on Jay..at least buy it for the case..hehehehe..or I wouldnt have even brought it up....

As for me, I would love to have one of everything,,but..If I had an Extra grand to put into a puter, I would have spent it already on an Intel Xtreme--and it would be sit'n on my shelf waiting for funds for a ROG board for it to live in...
but my kids want to eat and junk....hahahahaha

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
Haha don't get me wrong I like radeons, but I like them because they are cheap. But if retail for a 6870 is $200, I don't think a breifcase and mouse can justify $960 for a 5870. It's only $730 for a 6990.
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

DaemonCantor
Level 13
This exactly the reason I went with AMD in the first place....It's just like Shopping do you pay 3.80 a box for Kraft Mac n Cheese or do you buy the American Family Bran that tastes the same for .35 cents a box...me I'm cheap! I'll go for the cheap stuff....But their are things I won't go cheap on Like Asus versus MSI...I'll pay the extra 30 to 50 for the Reliability.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Said a mouthful there...and cheezy.

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
lol yup 30-40 extra is cool, I did buy a crosshair after all. 700 extra not so cool anymore hahahaha