cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero - Anansi Problem

Hayate
Level 7
Hello guys! I've got tis problem every single time! When I start my pc (mobo:Maximus Vi Hero, keyboard: Razer Anansi) my mobo doesnt work it until I replug the usb cable. Also, when I start my pc, after the rog logo, in the next screen which says about , cpu, mouse,keyborad , etc. the mobo detects 2 keyboards at my system. Any suggestions about bios settings? It's getting so annoying and I don't even know if its normal.

Thanks n advance!
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
I think that your keyboard is not compatible with the mobo, which USB port do you have the keyboard fitted to? Does the keyboard also have a usb hub?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nate152
Hi Hayate, I have the razer anansi keyboard in the maximus v extreme. The reason it is showing 2 keyboards is it has one USB connector for the keyboard itself and another USB connector for the lighted keys that change color. I find it strange too. I only have this keyboard and the Logitech G500s plugged in and it says I have 3 keyboards and 2 mice attached but, I don't have the problem of having to unplug and replug to get it to work. In the BIOS under USB configuration I have USB legacy support enabled.

Hayate
Level 7
Guys I appreciate your willing to help, but none of these ,methods worked for me 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please use the USB2 port for your keyboard.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Set "ErP Ready" to "Disabled" under Advanced Power Management in BIOS.

Yes, I know this is an old thread but I have just had the exact same problem with the exact same hardware after fiddling with my BIOS settings and have not been able to find a solution online using Google.
So I ended up testing quite a number of BIOS settings, first concentrating on USB settings (and xHCI) without any of it working, but with ErP Ready disabled, all of a sudden my keyboard started working properly again.

jacobling wrote:
Set "ErP Ready" to "Disabled" under Advanced Power Management in BIOS.

Yes, I know this is an old thread but I have just had the exact same problem with the exact same hardware after fiddling with my BIOS settings and have not been able to find a solution online using Google.
So I ended up testing quite a number of BIOS settings, first concentrating on USB settings (and xHCI) without any of it working, but with ErP Ready disabled, all of a sudden my keyboard started working properly again.

I have the same problem, but with ASUS z170 deluxe and Razer Anansi keyboard. The keyboard SHOULD GET DETECTED without replugging even with ErP Ready ENABLED, cause all other keyboards in the house do (A4-Tech K126 for example).

The question is: Why only this specific keyboard (Anansi) does'nt get detected after complete shutdown (ErP Enabled), while other keyboards do. When ErP is disabled, the mobo simply draws more power and that's why our Anansi's get detected.
What has ASUS support to say regarding this issue?

sk2play
Level 13
Welcome to the ASUS Forum jacobling
Thank You :rolleyes:
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit