cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with new build

Chappers
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I come to you with my tail between my legs asking for help. I've built a couple of computers before for friend and they have gone without any issues, and now I finally got around to build my own PC. I have the following:

Case - Nanoxia Deerp Silence 1 (This has a built in fan controller that I am using)
CPU - Intel i7-4770K
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
MoBo - Asus Maximus VI Hero
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-2133
SSD - 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300
HDD - 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 3x 500GB Seagate Barracuda
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
WiFi - TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
Optical - Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Reader
PSU - Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified
OS - WIndows 7 Home Premium x64

Anyways, after building it all up it powered on, and me being the way that I am I thought 'It must be working, better install Windows'. I was very wrong.

I hooked it up to my monitor and it couldn't pick up a signal. I tried flashing the BIOS with 0903 (I read that this my sort it out somewhere else (I can't remember where)). I also flashed it with 1301 as this is the latest version so it made sense to try it.

I opened up the case and saw that I was getting numerous Q-codes when I power it on, usually A0. Sometimes it will move on after a couple for seconds and show AE. B6 also crops up most time but it doesn't stay on this, it is shown whilst cycling through to A0.

I plan on, effectively, dismantling the entire thing and starting from scratch, but this time I plan on doing all of the proper checks, such as having only the motherboard, CPU, 1 stick of RAM, and PSU connected up, and working my way up from there.

I am just wondering if there is anyone that could give me any pointers to resolve it quicker, or any particular thinks I could/should try out.

If I could get a way to resolve it without having to strip it all I'd be over the moon, but I'm not expecting that at all.

Thanks guys

TL;DR - No signal when connecting up my new build, Q-codes A0, A3, B6 seem to be common, please help.
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, Chappers.

You do not have an OS as of yet, correct? I can assume there isn't an old installation of Windows on any of your SSDs/HDDs, correct?

Thanks Chino.

I do not have an OS installed yet and there is no pre-existing OS on it. Its a brand new SSD received yesterday.

Chappers wrote:
Thanks Chino.

I do not have an OS installed yet and there is no pre-existing OS on it. Its a brand new SSD received yesterday.

Everything is as it should be AO and AE are what I expect to see without any OS drive present.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi Guys,

Good news! I have it all up and running now. I dismantled it completely and did some minimal hardware checks, and added to it when it worked. It worked every time. I'm still not sure what I did differently, but its in a working state so I dont care. Thanks for the help and advice.

Cheers, Chappers.

danskieness
Level 10
Chappers wrote:
Hi Guys,

TL;DR - No signal when connecting up my new build, Q-codes A0, A3, B6 seem to be common, please help.

hello a very nice rig you got there, when trying to build, always be aware of the following
1)test first outside the case(if not pre-built)
2)test with minimal hardware, the most common are your ofcourse your motherboard, cpu, atleast 1 ram stick, psu, 1 hard drive or ssd, 1 gpu, this step will mostly help us on troubleshooting. (although you already typed this, im retyping cause you said, "plan")
3) be sure that everything is fitted, including 24 pins, 8 pins, and 6 pins on the gpu
4) check for signs of bent pins
Mobo : Asus Maximus VI Impact || CPU : i5-4670k || Cooling : H100
GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || PSU : Corsair RM 650 || Rams : G Skill Trident X 4GBx2 2400 CL10
Monitor : 2x Asus VX239h + 1x HP w2207h || Chassis : Bitfenix Prodigy Red || OS : WIN8.1 x64
Periphirals : Corsair K95, Logitech g402, Edifier 3350