cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 4 Blue Screen Crash

Jrod0247
Level 7
Is anyone else experiencing the BSOD during battlefield 4? seems like every time I play it crashes and goes to the blue screen. All my hardware is up to date and drivers as well. on the blue screen it states: Detected uncorrectable error hardware... Can anyone help with this issue. seems like it is only with this game it happens on. it hasn't happened on Battlefield 3.

Please help! my rig is a new build to play this game on so i'm a little disappointed.

My rig:

ASUS Maximus VI Formula
G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB
ASUS GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB
Intel Core i7-4770k 3.5GHz
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Jrod, That kind of error message is usually due to one of your components over heating and is shutting down to prevent damage. Are you overclocking any of your hardware?

Jrod0247
Level 7
Nate152 I didn't over clock anything....I did however choose the XMP profile for my memory sticks and set it to 2400 MHz ... do you think this is the problem? My CPU is water cooled

Jrod0247
Level 7
Nate152 I didn't over clock anything....I did however choose the XMP profile for my memory sticks and set it to 2400 MHz ... do you think this is the problem? My CPU is water cooled and I haven't over clocked it

Nate152
To be honest I find better stability when I set up everything manually. Try setting up your RAM manually it is easy to do. Set the frequency to 2400 MHz., your first four timings in the DRAM timing control and set the voltage which is 1.65v. I'm not sure if this is what is causing your bluescreen but you can try it. Do you have a cpu temperature monitoring program? Also, I would download precision x and either set a fan curve or crank the fan on your gtx 780ti as high as it will go when playing battlefield 4. Try this and play battlefield 4 and see if you still get the blue screen.

Well I went into the BIOS and set everything back to optimized settings. I will try what you suggested and play the game. I will keep you posted. I will also look at the precision x program you mentioned. I have the Kraken X60 and it doesn't tell me the CPU temp just the liquid temp. Not sure where NZXT failed at. Also it did happen on Battlefield 3 as well, but it didn't go bluescreen it just froze, black screen and rebooted. I am disappointed that I spent all this money for this rig and it won't run BF 3 or 4. My old rig, had no issues with it other than the graphic card.

Old rig:

Gigabyte MOBO
AMD 6100 FX 6-core processor 3.3GHz
AMD HD 6780
16gb value ram sticks

so you see, I'm not sure how that computer can out do my new rig little disappointed

Nate152
you have a powerful new computer. Download real temp 3.70, run that and precision x while playing battlefield 4. real temp will tell you your cpu temps. If you want I can tell you how to set the 3d settings in Nvidia control panel. You can also use the onscreen display in precision x to show your GPU temp, clock speed, gpu usage, memory usage, frames per second and more. We want to know what cpu and gpu temps are when playing battlefield 4, I have a suspicion something is running hot.

Nate152, So I turned up the fan on the graphic card and the radiator for the CPU cooler and it worked. Your suspicions were right my friend. I'm thinking I'm gonna by more fans to put in this case. My CPU liquid got up to 95f. The graphic card got up to 69c so ya BF4 is demanding I suppose. Thanks for all your help.

Nate152
No problem Jrod, I would run real temp and play battlefield 4 for say 15 minutes and check to see what the maximum temperature of your cpu is showing. You want it at 80c or below.

Jrod0247
Level 7
Ok I will download real temp now ... Thanks again