cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get bios to come up

_1_000_000_00
Level 7
I have a brand new Maximus VI Formula. I cab't get the bios to come up. Bench tested with 3 different types of RAM (Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, Vengance 1600Mhz, and Platinum 2400Mhz); 2 different PSUs (Rosewill Lightning 1000W and an Apevia Warlock 1100W); different monitord; 2 different video cards and onboard video (ASUS GTX760 and a PNY Gfroce 9800GTX+). Memory OK button doesn't light up, reset switch on the front of the board does nothing, direct key button does nothing, Q code sits at 00. I7 4770K. What is wrong?

$1,000,000.00
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Your CPU is dead.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

The CPU is brand new

$1,000,000.00 wrote:
The CPU is brand new

I accept that - Code 00 indicates that the CPU is dead. Brand new or not, you may have got a faulty CPU.

If you have all your PSU connectors fitted to the motherboard, especially the 12v EPS CPU connectors then your board is peachy. If there was no display on the LED poster I would suggest the board is broken. But there is code 00 no CPU detected.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ok newchip in now i get a qcode of A2

Deepcuts
Level 10
Tried with a different PSU?

Besides the 2 I already have? One being a brand new?

Nate152
A2- IDE detect. Have you installed your operating system? If you have and have more than one hdd/ssd, try booting with only the drive that has the OS installed.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35607-Maximus-VI-extreme-A2-(IDE-Detect)

HiVizMan
Level 40
A2 is good your system is doing what it should be doing looking for a boot device.