cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM Bus Controller doesn't have a driver?

rtchal
Level 7
So I went into the devices and printers menu to set up my new printer, and I notices a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point on it on the icon for the PC itself. I right clicked it and selected troubleshoot, and I got a message that said the SM Bus Controller doesn't have a driver.
I tried downloading both the V9.5.10.1658 and the V9.5.14.1724 Management Engine Interface for Windows 8.1 from the ASUS website, but neither of them worked.
Am I downloading the correct thing here?

Windows 8.1 Pro
ASUS Maximus VI Formula
Intel i7-4770k
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8 GB @ 1866 mhz
ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 780 DCUII
Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB (OS)
WD Black 2 TB (Storage)
Corsair AX860i
4 REPLIES 4

rtchal
Level 7
Never mind. I feel dumb now.
Turns out, I just didn't read the titles of all the downloads on the list, so there was a whole section of drivers I didn't have.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries mate we are here to help if we can. Enjoy your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Same issue and if you Google it its common and not just on this Mobo but a few Models.

I have a few issues to do with devices but hard to explain here, wonder if the good man above (HiVivMan) would be willing to look at a few screen shots and info I can provide if he has the time.

The issues are there to be found on Google so I am not alone.

I have no yellow marks in Device Manager.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Post up mate lets see what we can do.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.