cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Advertisement or my fault? please help.

GrieverXVII
Level 7
Hey everyone, I'm kind of new here and i'm reaching out to the community for some help/advice.

I've wanted a notebook/laptop for quite some time now and decided to dish out on a g750jh the other day, especially since i'm going out of country next friday for a month. I have an asus 120hz monitor for my desktop and will never go back to 60hz I love 120hz so much, so I figured the g750jh was a good decision since this website i've been using for years has never done me wrong and thought i could trust them. so i ordered it...

upon getting it this morning, i opened it at work and started testing it out..found out that it's only 60hz and doesn't support 3d. I was quite immedietly right pissed at the fact that the website i purchased from had stated it had 3d vision and full HD 3D capabilities and even mentioned 120hz in the specs!

So i called up the retailer right away. the guy that answered the phone didn't seem to enthusiastic about his job, I explained what was happening and how the website had stated it being 120hz...the guy of course assumed i was doing something wrong. shortly after i told him i had already tried everything, he asked for my model number, I gave it. it was like G750JH-QS71-CB. he looked into it and said that it was 3d capable and should be 120hz capable and proceeded to tell me to get the latest drivers.

i said...i already tested a custom resolution @120hz...didn't work out at all. then 5 minutes later he's like...."oh, looking further into this that model is not a 3d screen version, apparently they are only in the states and not in canada." So i'm like...so why is it stating on the canadian site that it's 3d AND 120hz!?

he put me on hold to figure out a solution with the team leader probably, so he comes back and says that under this exception they can do a full refund for me...BUT I HAVE TO PAY A 15% RESTOCKING FEE ON A $2,500 NOTEBOOK. I'm like almost about to rage hard...i just said look, i know you didn't cause this mistake and your doing your job, but i'd like to discuss this with upper management because i'm not paying that restocking fee nor return shipping on a mistake that came from YOUR end.

he tried stating that it was ASUS's fault for not giving the right info since that's where they get their specs from...but i called asus shortly after and was quickly confirmed that it was definitely the retailers fault.

and now i'm waiting to call the manager tomorrow morning.
here's the link to the listing: http://products.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-g750jh-intel-haswell-i7-4700hq-24gb-1tb-256gb-ssd-gtx780m-1...

I hardly had knowledge of this model before all of this mess happened, because i trusted ncix to be accurate. but little did i know that this model sells in a 3d and non-3d version but same model.
Notice how there's all this 3d advertising on this listing? also note the display spec...i know at the end it says (optional) but how am i supposed to know what's optional? the end part? everything? and what's worse is the site doesn't even let you pick an option...why would they even write "optional"...if it's 60hz...do like every other website and just NOT write anything about 120hz.

thoughts and opinions? can i win this one? i'm very upset about this and need some insight, thanks.

edit:
I forgot to mention that the customer service rep even stated i can buy a 3d screen and get it put into my 60hz g750jh for extra cost...then i found this on google.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40782-Can-i-upgrade-my-LED-60Hz-to-a-LED-3D-120Hz-screen-As...

am i being given the complete run around here by ncix?
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please contact cl-albert via PM here I am sure he can provide some assistance.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
This is pretty much on the retailer. Look at the website and look at the model number, if it has 3D or 3DE in it they advertised it as a 3D version. The very 1st clue to it not being a 3D model, is seeing a lack of 3D glasses in the kit and then noticing the model number is different to what they advertised...and I think(correct me if i'm wrong) that not even the US got the 3D model of the 750JH.

Non matching model numbers, if the website listing is different to what you now possess..is wholly on the Retailer.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
This is pretty much on the retailer. Look at the website and look at the model number, if it has 3D or 3DE in it they advertised it as a 3D version. The very 1st clue to it not being a 3D model, is seeing a lack of 3D glasses in the kit and then noticing the model number is different to what they advertised...and I think(correct me if i'm wrong) that not even the US got the 3D model of the 750JH.

Non matching model numbers, if the website listing is different to what you now possess..is wholly on the Retailer.

I agree 100%.

This is entirely the retailers fault.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Cool, thanks for the advice and comfort guys. I will try my best and see what happens.

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
Make sure that you document carefully every conversation - including the names and employee numbers of every person you talk to - and take screen captures AND print every single document and webpage throughout this process.

In your documentation, include names and E# like I said, but also make a note of date/time and the country where the rep is at, and make a note if it's not actually the seller but another company handling the issue.

Document, document, document. I cannot stress that enough, and do not allow low-level employees to jack you around on the phone - if you have to repeat yourself more than once to the same person, ask to be transferred up the chain before you get mad.

Employee ignorance is not acceptable, and do not accept less than absolute satisfaction.

Z

HiVizMan
Level 40
One of the first things I would have done take a screenshot of the advert that they have up on the store.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have already done this. But im kinda in a bad situation right now...no retailers i can find right now are selling 120hz laptops...and it really sucks, so even if i do get a full refund i'll be waiting for 120hz listing and by the way things are going with uhd and the phasing out of 3d im not sure how long i'll be waiting...i dont think the g750jh at 60hz is bad, the internals are powerful as heck, im just being picky i think wanting 120hz..but thrn again for the price and being a "gaming" laptop im shocked 120hz is not the stock norm. So i might be keeping this laptop considering my options aren't any different..if anything a downgrade from the JH are my only options because i can't seem to find any 120hz with decent updated hardware laptops.

I just got a call back from the manager, good news for the most part. The guy was very civil and understanding and not robotic like some other places. He understood my situation but we also came to the conclusion that 3d vision integrated with 120hz laptops dont come around canada or north america too often so its kinda rare and i made the decision that itd be a moot point to get a full refund considering theres no 120hz laptops to choose from and im probably sitting on the best current one already. So in the end he was understanding of the misleading description and he was telling me i could buy a 3d screen seperately but then i pointed him towards that thread here that explains how it wont work and he fuerther saw the fine print on the product wasnt compatible with my laptop..so in the end im keeping it, but he did give me a $100 discount/refund on the laptop for the trouble, and i didnt even have to ask. So its good to know not all places are trying to intentionally screw customers over. He pretty much said taking $100 off brought the laptop to what they pay for it...not sure if true or not but dam retailers pay a lot for their stuff! I would think theyd get a little more of a cut then only a $100 profit from a $2,300 machine. But then again i guess thats a retailer just being a good competitor and keeping prices as low and fair as possible for buyers.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Enjoy your laptop and the $100, though don't be fooled by the "we're giving you this for the price we pay for it" it's what retailers do to make you feel good, while they still get their profit anyhow. Don't forget, they buy in bulk, bulk gets lower prices...then comes their mark up.