Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
    It's definitely a 2-2.5GB+ usage that makes it easier to run into these artifacts. It's ASUS's fault for overvolting the VRAM to try get stable 6.4GHZ speed on them. Which would probably be fine if they used proper cooling of VRAM but they didn't.
    I'm now in a horror stage of RMA with ASUS, where my artifacting card has been after 45 days replaced with a card that is a complete mashup of used parts, junk, damaged and can't be used due to the damage, practically DOA.
    So far ASUS RMA is one of the worst I have seen. Slow as hell and when they do send you something back that they do not manufacture anymore they mash something up from used parts to brush you off.
    It's gonna be a 2nd RMA and who knows how long wait again.

Even i sent my card for RMA, now I am scared....

Issues like these will definetly prevent me to buy ASUS components in future.......

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi gta0anu

I will forward this to Bahz an administrator here on the forum, he will either reply here or send you a Private Message.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Hi gta0anu

I will forward this to Bahz an administrator here on the forum, he will either reply here or send you a Private Message.
    Thank you, I have him a pm already with all the details, lets see what happens......

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gta0anu View Post
    Thank you, I have him a pm already with all the details, lets see what happens......

update: so I got a r9 290 in exchange for r9 280x, I tried few games on it like Dragon age Inquisition .... To my surprise temps were above 90 degrees Celsius after like 4-5 minutes of gaming, I had to turn off the game so as to avoid any damage to card.... Is this normal temps for the card? I opened the case also...

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Cool, that seemed pretty quick !

Yeah it's normal for the r9 290 to run that hot, to keep it is cool as possible crank the fan to 100% then start your game, it's what I would do.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...hmarks,11.html

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Cool, that seemed pretty quick !

Yeah it's normal for the r9 290 to run that hot, to keep it is cool as possible crank the fan to 100% then start your game, it's what I would do.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...hmarks,11.html

Hey thanks for reply, those temprature are using AMD's stock cooling solution, here we are using Asus's Direct CU 2 cooling solution.... how the hell its getting so hot within minutes of gameplay. I am talking about 2-4 minutes.... Also it idles at 45 degrees, I mean I have an i7 3770k which goes max that much during games.... This is gonna affect my other components in my system also by raising overall temps.........

ROG Member Array

Also did I mention that the case is open, its ridiculous that an aftermarket cooling solution would giver higher temps than the stock......

ROG Member Array

see above temps after 4 mintues?
    Last edited by gta0anu; 10-24-2016 at 03:26 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hi.

I have recently found this thread. I have had the card for a long time and I didn't have any issues with many games or the artifacts appeared after several hours playing and always I had thought that the problem was about other components. But this last Christmas I changed lot of components but this card and, after that, I started playing some games that have this issue in a short time like Just Cause 3 or Farcry Primal. In fact, Just Cause game becomes unplayable in a short time and I have to restart it. For this reason I have started to search information about this problem and fortunately I found this thread and a lot of people in my same situation and I would like to ask:

1. Does anyone have some type of tip to fix the artifacts problem?
    2. As the issue is a well-know problem of this card, have we got the posibility of RMA the card although the legal warranty is gone?

Best regards.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Seur1900 View Post
    Hi.

I have recently found this thread. I have had the card for a long time and I didn't have any issues with many games or the artifacts appeared after several hours playing and always I had thought that the problem was about other components. But this last Christmas I changed lot of components but this card and, after that, I started playing some games that have this issue in a short time like Just Cause 3 or Farcry Primal. In fact, Just Cause game becomes unplayable in a short time and I have to restart it. For this reason I have started to search information about this problem and fortunately I found this thread and a lot of people in my same situation and I would like to ask:

1. Does anyone have some type of tip to fix the artifacts problem?
    2. As the issue is a well-know problem of this card, have we got the posibility of RMA the card although the legal warranty is gone?

Best regards.
    Hi there,

Unfortunately if the warranty is up then there's nothing that can be done. Have you previously RMA'd this card before for this same issue? If you have then you might be able to use that as a special case reason and can try contacting support to request for another RMA.

You can try lowering the memory clock using GPU Tweak (check the product support page for your product to see which version is compatible with your card).

Best Regards,
    Bahz

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast