cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 loooooong shutdown/restart (3 ~ 5mins)

Kantm
Level 7
Hi,

I'm with my G750JX, and i got this long shutdown / restart problem for a while, couldn't pin point the exact time coz i seldom restart / shutdown actually.

Last tweaking i can remember is here, in order of latest backward.

- BIOS 207 upgraded to 209 ~ I do not think this is the problem since the Windows 8.1 in the HDD doesn't have this problem.
- Override some service and utorrent which prevent my babe to sleep - tried reverted it but no luck.
- Tweak settings to optimize SSD, which include turn off System Restore, which i am most regret now ...

So, i've taken a look around on the net and seems like many pple got this problem like me, so yay ... and found this trace tool from Windows Performance Service
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/117154-trace-vista-bootshutdownhibernatestandbyresume-issues/

Turn out i can trace how much time does it take to complete the boot / shutdown / hibernate / sleep command. And give detail on which progress takes how much time... great ...

But as I traced my shutdown time, it return ~3500 ms ... which is totally not true, should be about 3.5 minutes ...

I also tried a couple of other solutions prompted by other Windows 8.1 users, but no luck yet. I wish i hadnt disabled system restore, so i can refresh it like new again ...

Any thoughts?
9 REPLIES 9

Nehmia
Level 9
thats because you upgraded to the latest nVIDIA driver

u should always stick to the ASUS ones
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

angrylemon
Level 10
Try disabling Bluetooth before shutting down/restarting to see if that is the issue. If it is the graphics driver, download DDU and uninstall the driver in safe mode. Then install the latest VGA driver from the ASUS site.

Mentz
Level 7
I've the same problem if I try to update the nvidia driver with the latest suggested by "nvidia gefroce experience".
the factory drivers are usually here: C:\eSupport\eDriver

I've gtx 770m too...

ThatGuy_ZA
Level 7
I had the problem until I reinstalled the nvidia driver. Now it's perfect.

Pitcher1
Level 9
please visit our websit to download all of driver.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
please visit our websit to download all of driver.

tell your lazy drivers team to put the windows 8.1 drivers for the G750JX it is EMPTY since months!
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Skat137321
Level 7
You have no drivers for Windows 8.1!!!

Please make some Win 8.1 drivers for G750JX before suggesting something like that.

Kantm
Level 7
Yay, seems like the problem lies there, will try uninstall the nvidia driver n geforce experience l8er

Kantm
Level 7
I haven't touch the graphic driver yet, and simply switching off the Bluetooth did the trick. Awesome.

Thank you so much. You are my new god.