cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Rampage IV Black Edition, relay click sound at startup/shutdown

day_khabar
Level 7
Hello every one,
Please help me with this issue, my return or exchange is about to expire and I need to make decision faster to get replacement if my motherboard is defective.

When I turn on my computer and windows 7 are loading right before welcome screen I hear single electric Tick/click kind of a sound from my motherboard onboard sound area, also same thing when I am shutting down the computer right when windows logging off I hear single electric click, and then computer turn off.
To diagnose I disabled the onboard sound in bios and there was no noise at start up or at shut down, so its definitely coming from onboard sound circuits area of motherboard. Other than that the motherboard works fine and also the onboard sound works flawless.
Any R4BE owners can you please verify if there is electric tick/click sound there. Thanks for every one help !!!

Specs:
i7 4930k
Rampage 4 black edition
16gb corsair dominator platinum 1866
evga 780ti sli
ax 1200i psu
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
This is perfectly normal - the tick sound is the relays switching on and off. There is nothing wrong so don't worry.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
This is perfectly normal - the tick sound is the relays switching on and off. There is nothing wrong so don't worry.

Thanks Raja..

DooRules
Level 10
was wondering about that click myself, lol
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K

DooRules wrote:
was wondering about that click myself, lol

is your click loud enough to hear over fans? Mine is loud enough to hear over fans.

nut
Level 7
The clicking noise is the onboard sound. If you disable the onboard sound in the bios the clicking noise goes away. I'm talking about the click noise at the windows logo screen.
System Specs
Desktop PC
Motherboard: RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4930K Processor
Memory (part number): Kingston Hyper X HX324C11T3K4/32
Graphics Card #1: R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5
Graphics Card #2: R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5
Monitor: ASUS PB287Q
Storage #1: 240 GB INTEL SSDSC2BW240A4
CPU Cooler: Kraken X60 NZXT
Case: MICROCOOL Banchetto101
Power Supply: Antec HCP-1300 Platinum