cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VI Gene + Error 55 + No display

Trippety
Level 7
Hello,

My friend just bought a new system under my advisement, and after putting the build together they're not getting any display options whatsoever and the debug error code 55 with a red flashing memok LED

After doing a little research and figuring out that the problem is the memory not being detected by the CPU we tried a few things.

Reseated the memory
Reseated 1 stick instead of 2
Tried 2 sticks of memory in every combo
Tried 1 stick of memory in every slot
Tried a different stick of memory from another working PC
Reseated the cpu
reset the bios

still absolutely no luck! So I was wondering if you guys could help out at all?

Specs are

Mobo: Asus Maximus Vi Gene Z87
CPU: Intel i5-4670k
RAM: Avexir Core (2x4GB) 1600Mhz DDR3 Ram (Listed as compatible on Avexir's site)
PSU: Corsair RM650
GPU: Asus Geforce GTX770
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60i

All of it is signed off as being compatible with the board, and I am literally out of ideas as far as I can tell (from skype) it's all powered correctly.

Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Trip.
17 REPLIES 17

Chino
Level 15

All the components?

Yes, CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, COOLER and Storage was all in place, however there was no display detected on boot, with the error code 55 appearing and the memok led flashing (:

Chino
Level 15
Ok. Let's see if we can solve this without you taking everything outside.

When you reseated your CPU, did you inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins? If not, I'd suggest you to do so.

Trippety
Level 7
The CPU & cooler have been reseated twice, no pins are bent or missing (to my knowledge) inside of the cpu socket.

Thanks for the quick response.

Chino
Level 15

Trippety
Level 7
H60i, the cpu was bought oem without the stock cooler, the cross technique method was used to seat the heatsink back in place on the final attempt.

Trippety wrote:
H60i, the cpu was bought oem without the stock cooler, the cross technique method was used to seat the heatsink back in place on the final attempt.

Normally using the stock heatsink would discard the motherboard warping due to overpressure of an aftermarket heatsink installation. Nevertheless, you can try loosening the screws a little to test.

Retired
Not applicable
installed in the red slots?

Trippety
Level 7
Ram was initially installed in the black slots, but has been tried in red slots also!

Indeed usually I would agree however the way the case is designed the motherboard sits similar to that of a Mini-ITX board in a bitfenix prodigy so there shouldn't be any warping on the motherboard, additioally those coolers are particularly lightweight as opposed to big tower air coolers.