cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subwoofer stops working

DeaviL
Level 7
Recently i've been experiencing a kind of hollow sound,
looking further i found that it was my Subwoofer that stopped working, usually in the middle of a game.
I don't really think it's broke because it starts working again when i reinstall the Realtek drivers,
then after a day or so it stops working again. I really don't want to send it for repairs because i need it for editing.

Any help is appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Nehmia
Level 9
check this: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43186-New-Realtek-Audio-Driver-6.0.1.7095&country=&status=
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

I've already installed it, but i'm not expecting much.

And my sub has finally (oh joy) failed on me again, it gives light thumps but no real vibration.
If this goes on i'm going to have to bring it in for repair, if only i could...

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
It could be the woofer or the wiring, it's hard to say. Service will be able to fix it easily. It really is a shame you'll have to be without the notebook while it's taken care of though. 😞

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Then i wonder why it just starts working for a day before failing again when i reinstall the Realtek drivers.
Anyways, i can't bring it in because i need it for the rest of the year to work on.

Maybe its just bad wiriing and/or connection... Better take it to the servis center or open it yourself and fix it... Winter time is gr8 for projects 🙂 and voiding waranty on pricey tech stuff 🙂

Just stop makeing yourself go nuts and get it repaired! sooner the better, the guys at repair will see what is the deal with the sub soon as they open it and test it... nothing big i think... Go get it fixed while ure still under waranty... 🙂

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Yeah intermittent problems can still be attributed to hardware malfunction.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

DeaviL
Level 7
Look, i can't screw it open myself and i can't send it in because i won't see it for a few weeks after that.
I'm pretty sure it's a software problem, a reinstall and restart of your pc doesn't just reattach your wires.

Ps: i wanted to screw it open but the people who made this thing are very intent on you not opening it, i'm really missing my desktop right now.