cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW-DB71 and dual monitors

Trionalaw
Level 7
First, I am not a gamer. However, I do like to have the latest and greatest if possible. This laptop hopefully will replace my desktop. and 6 year old Dell laptop. My use will be business and especially voice recognition.

My previous desktop had a dual video card. I was able to use two monitors. I notice the G750JW-DB71 has both a VGA port and an HDMI port. My monitor is a 24 inch HP high definition. Would either or both ports allow me to have dual monitoring?

My first post. I have built several computers and always with Asus motherboards.

Thanks so much,

Jim

Does this answer my question?

The feature set of the GTX 765M is identical to the GTX 670MX as both are based on the same GK106 core. Therefore the GPU supports up to 4 active displays.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/got-the-veloce-with-the-gtx-765m-active-displays-tidf20741/
4 REPLIES 4

Phoeny
Level 8
I have connected

my TV to The MiniDisplayPort (with an MiniDisplayport to HDMI-Adapter)
my Monitor to the VGA port ...

And i can use both at the same time + the laptopscreen ...

you will not need an MiniDisplayport to HDMI-Adapter ... i´m just using it because i had one lying around and wanted to try it ...

i still have to try if i can use the hdmi and the displayport at the same time

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think G750JW can connect with HDMI, mini display port, VGA, mini D-sub port.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
i think G750JW can connect with HDMI, mini display port, VGA, mini D-sub port.

Omg .... this answer is so useless dude .... he knows that .... he can see the connectors...

the question was -> can he use more than one external monitor at the same time?
your answer doesnt answer that .... it just lists 4 types of ports ...

Fun Fact: the G750 does not have a Mini D-sub Port.... it has a D-SUB DE-15 also known as Vga Port

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Trionalaw wrote:
First, I am not a gamer. However, I do like to have the latest and greatest if possible. This laptop hopefully will replace my desktop. and 6 year old Dell laptop. My use will be business and especially voice recognition.

My previous desktop had a dual video card. I was able to use two monitors. I notice the G750JW-DB71 has both a VGA port and an HDMI port. My monitor is a 24 inch HP high definition. Would either or both ports allow me to have dual monitoring?

My first post. I have built several computers and always with Asus motherboards.

Thanks so much,

Jim

Does this answer my question?

The feature set of the GTX 765M is identical to the GTX 670MX as both are based on the same GK106 core. Therefore the GPU supports up to 4 active displays.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/got-the-veloce-with-the-gtx-765m-active-displays-tidf20741/

You can also use the Thunderbolt plug and daisy chain 2 monitors.

I assume you can use the VGA and HDMI, too. Then press the FN + F8 Key and select 'Extend' or do it through the NVidia Control Panel.