ROG Member Array

G750JW-DB71 and dual monitors

First, I am not a gamer. However, I do like to have the latest and greatest if possible. This laptop hopefully will replace my desktop. and 6 year old Dell laptop. My use will be business and especially voice recognition.

My previous desktop had a dual video card. I was able to use two monitors. I notice the G750JW-DB71 has both a VGA port and an HDMI port. My monitor is a 24 inch HP high definition. Would either or both ports allow me to have dual monitoring?

My first post. I have built several computers and always with Asus motherboards.

Thanks so much,

Jim

Does this answer my question?

The feature set of the GTX 765M is identical to the GTX 670MX as both are based on the same GK106 core. Therefore the GPU supports up to 4 active displays.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/fo...ays-tidf20741/
    Last edited by Trionalaw; 01-26-2014 at 08:05 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have connected

my TV to The MiniDisplayPort (with an MiniDisplayport to HDMI-Adapter)
    my Monitor to the VGA port ...

And i can use both at the same time + the laptopscreen ...

you will not need an MiniDisplayport to HDMI-Adapter ... i´m just using it because i had one lying around and wanted to try it ...

i still have to try if i can use the hdmi and the displayport at the same time

New ROGer Array

i think G750JW can connect with HDMI, mini display port, VGA, mini D-sub port.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

Quote Originally Posted by Trionalaw View Post
    First, I am not a gamer. However, I do like to have the latest and greatest if possible. This laptop hopefully will replace my desktop. and 6 year old Dell laptop. My use will be business and especially voice recognition.

My previous desktop had a dual video card. I was able to use two monitors. I notice the G750JW-DB71 has both a VGA port and an HDMI port. My monitor is a 24 inch HP high definition. Would either or both ports allow me to have dual monitoring?

My first post. I have built several computers and always with Asus motherboards.

Thanks so much,

Jim

Does this answer my question?

The feature set of the GTX 765M is identical to the GTX 670MX as both are based on the same GK106 core. Therefore the GPU supports up to 4 active displays.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/fo...ays-tidf20741/
    You can also use the Thunderbolt plug and daisy chain 2 monitors.

I assume you can use the VGA and HDMI, too. Then press the FN + F8 Key and select 'Extend' or do it through the NVidia Control Panel.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcher@asus View Post
    i think G750JW can connect with HDMI, mini display port, VGA, mini D-sub port.
    Omg .... this answer is so useless dude .... he knows that .... he can see the connectors...

the question was -> can he use more than one external monitor at the same time?
    your answer doesnt answer that .... it just lists 4 types of ports ...

Fun Fact: the G750 does not have a Mini D-sub Port.... it has a D-SUB DE-15 also known as Vga Port