Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Morgan1952 .. Welcome to ROG.
    A good place to start is to go to the Leaderboard and
    click on the score of one of the entrants > Sample: 127120 slamms
    This will give you alot of information of the type of equipment they are using and some of the settings.
    Then you can compare it to what you are using.
    You do not say what motherboard or
    if by default you mean the memory isn't even set to its advertised speed or GPU(s) ??
    A couple of cpuZ screenshots--cpu tab and memory tab showing and the list of your hardware would be most
    helpful for 'us' to help you.
    Best of Luck .. Nice start, but I suspect you have barely turned it on. Your in for a treat. .c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 07-02-2014 at 02:44 AM.

ROG Member Array

Thanks, I will check them out,
    My MB is the Maximus Vi Formula
    I7 4770 k
    Asus GTX 770
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 16 gb
    I ran the first test on the standard settings 1333 on the DDR3, 3.5 ghz on the CPU and 3.9 on the turbo. I think the voltage was around 1.07
    I will post a couple screenshot sometime tomorrow. I'm on a different puter currently.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Morgan

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

Morgan1952,
    Glad to see you stick around and partake in the fun with us, read the thread on RealBench tweaks here
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...weaks-amp-Tips
    The best thing about this benchmark and these forums is you can learn a lot about how your system works, the plus is a whole family of ROGers willing to help with issues that may come up and share tips about hardware and software and many other subjects

ROG Member Array

Thanks Menthol,
    I tend to get into the nuts and bolts of things.
    I like to know how they work and how they interact.
    I never get tired of learning and I have seen already that the knowledge base is pretty large here.
    Thanks again for the help

ROG Enthusiast Array chevy350 PC Specs
    chevy350 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F
    Processor2700
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666
    Graphics Card #1XFX RX580
    Graphics Card #2Zotac GTX 550Ti
    MonitorAcer KG240 & AOC S24D300
    Storage #1OCZ RD400
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb
    CPU CoolerKraken X62
    Case750D
    Power SupplySeaSonic Platinum 860W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow
    Mouse J-Tech Digital Verticle Mouse
    Headset Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Corsair 1500
    OS Win 10 x64

Still having issues submitting scores. Still getting "Unable to parse system specs" after each run no matter which drive I install to. Can't save after runs either to submit. It will let me log in before I run anything but afterwards it's like I never logged in. Posted the txt report from cpu-z a while ago but never heard anything back from Nodens.
    AMD 2700, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, Samsung 2133@3200 (4gbx4), XFX R9 390X, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, 2 Intel 520 120Gb SSD

ROG Member Array

I posted a new topic regarding performance concerns I have with nVidia GeForce GTX series and OpenCL scores using RealBench v2.2. The link to the new topic is https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...-benchmarking/

It is in continuation to the previous thread posted at https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...drivers/#reply

I am an end user first of all, just to be clear. I am running ASUS RealBench v2.2 to benchmark my system and compare my system performance to others who have similar systems. The results of my system benchmark are posted at http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=3503 I noticed the OpenCL score was very low compared to others with similar systems using AMD video cards such as the one at this other link http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1443 so naturally I was concerned about my nVidia investment, maybe not configured optimally or maybe having a bug in the nVidia driver that has not yet been reported. Looking at many of the leaderboard score results and comparing the OpenCL scores reveals this seems to be an epidemic where a lot of nVidia cards score much much lower in this area than AMD cards. So there maybe is an issue which is why I am bringing this concern to your attention. I would also like to request any details on the standard benchmark scores for this card or how I may determine if the card is working to its full capacity? Or if nVidia has a preferred or recommended benchmark utility to recommend so I may look at other data points concerning my system performance.

The details of my video card follow.

GeForce GTX 770 SLI (two cards) Driver 340.43

Please advise and thank you.

Mr. Fox 2
    So, RealBench can be run on any system, but the leaderboard does not allow results from non-ASUS systems?

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    So, RealBench can be run on any system, but the leaderboard does not allow results from non-ASUS systems?
    Yes.

_ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1

Quote Originally Posted by ron1cne View Post
    I posted a new topic regarding performance concerns I have with nVidia GeForce GTX series and OpenCL scores using RealBench v2.2. The link to the new topic is https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...-benchmarking/

It is in continuation to the previous thread posted at https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...drivers/#reply

I am an end user first of all, just to be clear. I am running ASUS RealBench v2.2 to benchmark my system and compare my system performance to others who have similar systems. The results of my system benchmark are posted at http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=3503 I noticed the OpenCL score was very low compared to others with similar systems using AMD video cards such as the one at this other link http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1443 so naturally I was concerned about my nVidia investment, maybe not configured optimally or maybe having a bug in the nVidia driver that has not yet been reported. Looking at many of the leaderboard score results and comparing the OpenCL scores reveals this seems to be an epidemic where a lot of nVidia cards score much much lower in this area than AMD cards. So there maybe is an issue which is why I am bringing this concern to your attention. I would also like to request any details on the standard benchmark scores for this card or how I may determine if the card is working to its full capacity? Or if nVidia has a preferred or recommended benchmark utility to recommend so I may look at other data points concerning my system performance.

Nvidia makes its investment in CUDA rather than OpenCL so performance is lower. If you specifically choose an Nvidia benchmark it will be tailored to Nvidia cards through special programming. Whether that actually represents the software you use depends on the software you use, but LuxMark is just based on standard OpenCL programming - so all OpenCL apps will perform in the same manor as this.

If you are dependent on OpenCL through work or apps you use regularly, then currently AMD is the better option, however if you aren't and just worry about the benchmark score then don't worry about that portion

_ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1

Quote Originally Posted by ron1cne View Post

Nvidia makes its investment in CUDA rather than OpenCL so performance is lower. If you specifically choose an Nvidia benchmark it will be tailored to Nvidia cards through some form of custom programming. Whether that actually represents the software you use depends on the software you use, but LuxMark is just based on standard OpenCL programming - so all OpenCL apps will perform in the same manor as this. We don't tailor the benchmark to a specific outcome for anyone - not even ASUS/ROG products. It simply scripts off-the-shelf software.

If you are dependent on OpenCL through work or apps you use regularly, then currently AMD is the better option, however if you aren't and just worry about the benchmark score
    OpenCL doesn't represent 3D or gaming at all - we are developing a 3D benchmark for future RB.
    Last edited by _; 07-07-2014 at 01:29 AM.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast