Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Whoa! Holy score dump! I understand some of the hit as the first was a bit over the top but Im sitting with a lower score now than I had with a 6700K 200Mhz less. Didnt bother with screen cap but sitting at 145K now down about 10K from V2.4

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Eh?....what have I been diagnosed with now? Tilting?!

Nothing a double scotch can't right I'm sure...
    Haha I mean the red blinking on the page....nothing wrong with you Arne.. I think.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by MMikhail View Post
    The CPU load counter does not work on several machines.
    Tried the perfmon reset command, had no effect.
    There are no errors related to it in the even logs.

Since CPU loads are reported correctly in everything I tried so far (a lot!), I guess there is something wrong with the method used in RB.

It would be good for RB to put out some load on startup, so that it references the top cpu speed correctly.
    Possibly taking several measurements in a row, and then showing the highest speed.
    If the lodcrt command has no effect then your OS installation is VERY corrupted. Unstable overclocking does that.

CPU reported correctly in other things is entirely unrelated as they may use other methods.

You should NOT be benching on balanced profile as your scores will suffer. We are preparing a solution for this anyhow.

Using PerfMon data for CPU usage is not a very good idea.
    Studied the problem further, and can say the following:
    If during installation of windows you have not agreed to give M$ performance feedback details for product improvement from your system,
    this service is partially disabled, thus I guess this causes RB to report nothing for CPU usage.
    I would advise to find a different CPU usage metric (eg. like task manager)
    because otherwise the disfunctional CPU usage indicator will appear on half of all perfectly working systems.
    No idea where you get your information but you should change source. It's all BOGUS.
    a) Using perfmon for CPU usage is the Microsoft accepted standard for Windows.
    b) MS feedback and whatever are entirely UNRELATED. Perfmon is running anyhow and has nothing to do with any reports to Microsoft or anywhere else. Nothing related to perfmon/perflib is disabled by not agreeing to MS feedback. If the counter is not working your OS installation is CORRUPTED. Period.
    c) Task manager uses the windows kernel and that is not accessible to user mode programs. The default way to calculate CPU usage on Windows is the PDH API which is an interface to Windows perfmon counters. This is what RB is using. This is the standard.
    d) The CPU usage indicator appears on 100% of perfectly working systems. If it does not work then the OS is corrupted. Period. If rebuilding perfmon counters does not fix it then more than the perfmon counters are corrupted. Period.

These are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Entranced3 View Post
    Is it only because it uses the PerfMon metrics or is it because its AMD hardware? It always gives me the error "Unable to properly parse system specs", and 80% of the time it doesn't recognise correctly or at all my hardware and/or frequency
    CPU usage counter as already explained have nothing to do with AMD. If it doesn't work for you it means your OS installation is corrupted. Admin command prompt, "lodctr /R", reboot. If that doesn't fix it then corruption is beyond the counters themselves.
    Unable to parse system specs means something in your system is not detected properly unless you're trying to run on Kabylake before the version it's supported (2.54b). Post a screenshot of the RB window that shows the system specs and a CPU-Z report in txt format taken with the version of CPU-Z bundled with RB.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Whoa! Holy score dump! I understand some of the hit as the first was a bit over the top but Im sitting with a lower score now than I had with a 6700K 200Mhz less. Didnt bother with screen cap but sitting at 145K now down about 10K from V2.4
    As I already said, formulas tweaking is not finished yet. These are beta versions meant to test. Nvidia OpenCL optimizations made formula refactoring mandatory. Patience please

PS. What a lot of people fail to grasp is that while they push clocks, find instability, tweak and reboot, the fact that the OS boots and seems normal DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS. Multiple attempts at finding stability can and will subtly corrupt your OS installation. Specially when RAM or BCLK overclocking is involved. Not everything that gets corrupted in the OS is easily detected. If corruption does not cause immediate crashes it can lurk in your system undetected until you see things like RB's CPU counter not working. Or open event viewer and see a gazzilion of errors etc etc etc. This is why it is standard practice to reinstall the OS when you get your overclocking stable and why competitive benchers have disk images they frequently restore to get the OS in good status.
    SFC and Dism windows tools are a good way to test for corruption of the system store but registry corruption can not be detected with any tool whatsoever.

PPS It pays to heed the advice of more experienced overclockers. Arne told you exactly what was wrong but instead of accepting it you came up with some random "information" that has absolutely no validity whatsoever.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Member Array Entranced3 PC Specs
    Entranced3 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Acer Aspire E5-551G
    MotherboardAsrock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
    ProcessorAMD FX-8350
    Memory (part number)16GB G.SKILL F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II TOP
    Sound CardRealtek ALC1150
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster 2494HS
    Storage #1Crucial MX100 128GB
    Storage #2WD 1T + 3T
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12P SE2
    CaseZalman Z11 Plus
    Power SupplyEnermax REVOLUTION87+ 850W
    Keyboard Roccat Isku
    Mouse Roccat Kova[+]
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-230
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
    Network RouterASUS RT-N18U

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    CPU usage counter as already explained have nothing to do with AMD. If it doesn't work for you it means your OS installation is corrupted. Admin command prompt, "lodctr /R", reboot. If that doesn't fix it then corruption is beyond the counters themselves.
    Unable to parse system specs means something in your system is not detected properly unless you're trying to run on Kabylake before the version it's supported (2.54b). Post a screenshot of the RB window that shows the system specs and a CPU-Z report in txt format taken with the version of CPU-Z bundled with RB.
    How can you explain that in a system never overclocked?

Meanwhile:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RealBench.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	63271

and the report:

http://pasted.co/1ac7d4b4

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

While Overclocking can often lead to corruption since it often involves BSODs and hard resets etc. these things can and do occur for other reasons on an OS install and the more they happen and the longer the OS is up and running the more toll they can take.

XMP profiles are OCing for the RAM...people often overclock GPUs...game crashes...driver crashes...hard resets...long hold power button shutdowns...can all have similar effects.
    This kind of thing https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ike)-BUG/page2

One thing you can do is open command prompt as administrator and type "sfc /scannow" and look at the result...

Name:	sfcscannow.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	63272

Might give you a clue...not definitive...

Have you run the "lodctr /R" command as Nodens suggested?

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Entranced3 View Post
    How can you explain that in a system never overclocked?

Meanwhile:

Name:	RealBench.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	63271

and the report:

http://pasted.co/1ac7d4b4
    Arne answered your question already. Overclocking is not the only way to get the OS corrupted. It is just that overclocking makes you more prone to it.
    Any situation whatsoever that can result in a write to disk of data that are corrupted in memory or any situation where flushing of the write buffer gets interrupted by any reason (any form of unexpected/unscheduled shutdown) will result in corruption. When that happens while writing system files or registry hives it's when the OS starts failing.
    The "blue screens" themselves are called stop errors and their function is exactly that. To try and prevent data corruption. They happen when the system realizes there's something horribly wrong in kernel space that could result in data corruption and they stop all execution in order to protect your data. That's where their proper name comes from, "Stop Error". A linux equivalent is "kernel panic". Now the bad part is that they don't always "stop" the system before corruption took place. Sometimes detection of the error happens after something has already been corrupted.

Try the the lodctr /R command and also do the sfc /scannow that Arne suggested. It's a good start. Notice that Windows performance counters are stored in the registry. If the counters are all that is corrupted in your system, SFC will show up clean.

Now regarding the system spec parsing issue it's obvious that Motherboard name and if it's Desktop or Laptop is not being parsed properly. The fields are missing from display. This is why RB complains. This usually happens due to abnormal behaviour by CPU-Z, either not reporting something for a specific platform or reporting it in a different way than everything else. I will check the report and get back to you on this.
    Last edited by Nodens; 03-17-2017 at 06:39 PM.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MMikhail PC Specs
    MMikhail PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS N76V
    MotherboardASUS Z170-A
    Processor6700K
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB
    Graphics Card #1STRIX GTX 1070 OC
    MonitorAMVA3+ LCD 24 FHD
    Storage #1Crucial SSD
    Storage #2WD HDDs, stack
    CPU CoolerEVO 212
    CaseFractal Define R5
    Power SupplyHX750i
    Keyboard Razer Deathstalker
    Mouse Razer Deathadder
    Mouse Pad Func Ultra
    Headset/Speakers Creative T30
    OS Win10 x64
    Network RouterZyxel Ultra

I have sourced most of my data from MS tech support forums and Q&A, there are a lot on subject!
    It looks like perfmon and all related items to it are extremely fragile and nothing is being done to improve the situation from MS side.

Nevertheless, studied a bunch of asus pc's at work and found out that all of them are 'broken'.
    Just normal use, office apps and browsing, no over clocking or anything stupid done on them.

Then I got a fresh unused asus notebook, and what a relief, it looks like perfmon is ok there,
    no warnings or errors in the event logs, not many events there since it's fresh.
    Loaded RB there, and still CPU= 0.

A few more reasons why it's not a good choice to use perfmon cpu load data

1. It is obviously broken on many machines
    2. If you are lucky and it works and you plan to OC you will brake it in the process of OC
    3. You are using a tool because of OC test and it fails to give you data because of OC
    This is partially from your words, so it makes sense to find a more stable and reliable solution.

Even if you do a clean win10 install there is no guarantee that the service will work as expected
    and even then it can apparently brake very quickly because of something not going right the next day
    Reinstalling OS every other day is an overkill, I guess we can claim refunds from MS for supplying software that does not work out of the box and can not be fixed easily so far (problem exists for the last 10+ years). :-(

Going back to the RB topic, anticipating a new update with dome new tweaks and improvements.

Nodens PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

I am sorry but you keep saying nonsense.

a) It IS NOT broken on many machines. It is VERY RARE to be broken and not more prone to failure than ANY other component of Windows.
    b) In the thousands of RB users there have been very few ever reported cases of the counter not working. Not a single one on a system that is new/stable when OS was installed/does not suffer crashes due to bad drivers or whatever.
    c) Thousands of other pieces of software use PDH API for all sorts of counters and have no issues whatsoever.
    d) No you are not using a tool for OC that fails to give you data because of OC. You are corrupting your OS due to your failed attempts at OC and expecting everything to work properly. Newsflash, if there was no CPU usage indicator on RB, you would STILL have a corrupted OS installation and it would STILL NOT work properly.
    e) The service works ALWAYS as expected unless your OS is corrupted. We said that a million times already.
    f) Show me a link on MS tech support forums that claims that using Windows PDH API is a bad idea, or that if you don't accept sending feedback to MS, perfmon/perflib gets disabled. You are either reading tin-foil hat conspiracy theorists on Windows telemetry or something you don't understand and choose to interpret as you see fit or you're completely making that stuff up.

A word of advice. If you stop trying to talk about things you have no idea about whatsoever, you will not have to come up with even more absurd statements when trying to back up the absurd statements you made in the first place.

Nevertheless, studied a bunch of asus pc's at work and found out that all of them are 'broken'.
    Just normal use, office apps and browsing, no over clocking or anything stupid done on them.

Then I got a fresh unused asus notebook, and what a relief, it looks like perfmon is ok there,
    no warnings or errors in the event logs, not many events there since it's fresh.
    The above is hilarious at best and proves you are just making things up for whatever reason. I explained the technical aspects of it and that's it. I have no time to cater to fictitious random stuff. The answer to your problem has been made clear by Arne before I even bother to explain. Either do something about your corrupted OS installation or ignore it but stop posting random stuff that confuse other users with misinformation. This thread is for feedback, not random ramblings about Windows APIs and Windows internals workings you have no idea about and don't really understand.

RealBench Developer.

I have sourced most of my data from MS tech support forums and Q&A, there are a lot on subject!
    It looks like perfmon and all related items to it are extremely fragile and nothing is being done to improve the situation from MS side.

A few more reasons why it's not a good choice to use perfmon cpu load data

1. It is obviously broken on many machines
    2. If you are lucky and it works and you plan to OC you will brake it in the process of OC
    3. You are using a tool because of OC test and it fails to give you data because of OC
    This is partially from your words, so it makes sense to find a more stable and reliable solution.

Even if you do a clean win10 install there is no guarantee that the service will work as expected
    and even then it can apparently brake very quickly because of something not going right the next day
    Reinstalling OS every other day is an overkill, I guess we can claim refunds from MS for supplying software that does not work out of the box and can not be fixed easily so far (problem exists for the last 10+ years). :-(

Going back to the RB topic, anticipating a new update with dome new tweaks and improvements.
    Hello

This has gone on long enough. If you would like to continue this topic do so in a new thread and anyone can respond there that wishes to. Any future posts in this thread regarding this will be removed.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Sverre PC Specs
    Sverre PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Formula
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4B3200C15
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
    Monitor1 x Asus 27" LED FreeSync MG278Q + 2 x Benq XL2420T
    Storage #1C-drive: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD
    Storage #2D-drive: Force Series LS 480GB
    CPU CoolerEK-Supremacy MX
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700P
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB FSP
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad Built into the computer table
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906
    OS Windows 10 pro 64-bit
    Network RouterZyxel P8702N
    Accessory #1 Several HDD’s 1, 2 and 3 TB
    Accessory #2 Aquaero 6xt + a lot of water cooling stuff.
    Accessory #3 UPS BlueWalker PW UPS VI 2200 SH

A link to latest beta, please.
    [/URL]

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast