cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AI Suite II removal

sehlat
Level 10
I installed AI Suite II years ago and decided that I didn't need it, so I uninstalled the program from the Control Panel. I'd like to know if the uninstall left some remnants on my system.

In C:/Program Files (x86), there is still an ASUS folder entry which contains 3 subfolders called AASP, AsSysCtrlService and IO. In services, there is still an entry for Asus System Control Services that runs automatically. There is also an entry in the Task Scheduler Library called ASUS RegRun Loader. Are these left over from the original uninstall, and will that little cleaner that's posted elsewhere on this site remove these left over remnants?
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15

sehlat
Level 10
Thanks. I got a copy. I gather that your version is the same as the one from the thread post here?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner&country=&status=

So will this little tool remove all the rest of the leftover junk?

Nate152
Yes it will. That is why you want to use the remover tool. Uninstalling from the add/remove programs doesn't remove it all.

sehlat
Level 10
Ran the cleaner in safe mode, although this was done long after I had originally uninstalled AI Suite II . There was still junk left over unfortunately. Had to remove the task from the task scheduler library, even though the cleaner had pretty much gotten any ASUS services to stop running. Had to delete a couple of ASUS folders in Program Files (x86) and Program Data that were left. Also removed some registry entries that CCleaner found. But There's still a lot of ASUS entries sprinkled all over the registry which I'm not going to touch. What a mess, but at least it's pretty much purged.

billyray520
Level 10
I manually removed mine too. 😄 I now have the Corsair fan controller which I manually activate and deactivate when I need to.

There's nothing inherently bad about the AI Suite II software that doesn't exist with ANY fan controller out there. It's a trade off. That's why knowing how to manually control it helps accomplish your goals.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7