cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about using SLI with Rog Raidr

Uclydde
Level 7
When I was reading the FAQ for the Rog Raidr, I got kind of confused as to the part about SLI. I want to use a Maximus VI formula board with 2 graphics cards and 1 Raidr, so where should I put each part so the Raidr doesn't hinder the SLI setup? Thanks!
Steam, Origin, Uplay: Uclydde
17 REPLIES 17

HiVizMan
Level 40

I would say the bottom slot with the 4 on it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nate152
Yep HiVizMan is correct, Raidr goes in the x4 slot, Nvidia cards need x8 to function.

Praz
Level 13
Using the bottom PCIe x16 slot for anything will result in the second PCIe x16 slot dropping to x4 which will disable SLI.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Praz I hear you but where is the ROG RAIDR meant to be fitted in this case?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Praz
Level 13
If using SLI slot 3 is not an option for anything. For SLI and a third PCIe x4 or greater device this motherboard was the wrong choice.

Praz wrote:
If using SLI slot 3 is not an option for anything. For SLI and a third PCIe x4 or greater device this motherboard was the wrong choice.

Thanks Praz for clearing that up.

Praz wrote:

So there's no way to use SLI with a ROG RAIDR with this board?

Uclydde wrote:
So there's no way to use SLI with a ROG RAIDR with this board?

Using any PCIe device in the third slot will result in not being able to use SLI. This is a limitation of the Haswell CPU. Viable workarounds include using a motherboard that incorporates a PLEX chip such as the Maximus VI Extreme, a motherboard that has the 3rd slot PCIe lanes coming from the south bridge or moving to the 2011 platform.

Praz wrote:
Using any PCIe device in the third slot will result in not being able to use SLI. This is a limitation of the Haswell CPU. Viable workarounds include using a motherboard that incorporates a PLEX chip such as the Maximus VI Extreme, a motherboard that has the 3rd slot PCIe lanes coming from the south bridge or moving to the 2011 platform.

Thank you!