cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Windows XP (32 Bit) on G750JW

win_xp
Level 7
I got absolutely no help from Asus with regards to installing windows XP, 32 bit on a G750JW.
I was told, XP is not supported on this machine, as per their website, which of course
made me determined to make it work.

For people, who will be saying, 'why install xp 32 on such a powerful machine', the answer is quite
simple, I have my reasons, but I would be installing a dual boot, with the second boot being windows 7
or windows 8.
4 REPLIES 4

ThatGuy_ZA
Level 7
What is your primary OS? Windos 8? I tried to install ubuntu alongside windows 8.1 on my JW and it didn't work because of the secure boot so you'd have to disable that. Why don't you just run a VM for XP? XP is pretty much EOL so I don't know why you'd want to pursue this...

getjohnalive
Level 7
why installing the old Windows XP when there are new Windows OS. Windows 8/8.1 is running well on my G750JX...

reka121402
Level 7
I have to agree with ThatGuy_ZA, it sound to me like running a VM would be perfect for you.

And i have to say it, even though you "have your reasons," I just can't see any reason you would ever need to boot into XP, especially in 32bit. What can XP do as an installed OS that the current 7/8/8.1 variant can't do in compatibility mode?

gazzacbr
Level 10
i have server 2003 and xp (both 32bit) running, well crawling, on mine.
i was going to use the server 2003 for an old version of a cad program that will not run on anything newer.

the big problem is that there are no 32bit drivers for our gtx cards.
you can get full resolution but no graphics acceleration.

EDIT: oh, and also you need to have sata drivers slipstreamed in to the install disc.
EDIT2 : and also you need USB3 drivers.
i have both of these if you cant find them.

keep us posted...

i now have a server 2003 virtual machine under win 8.1 but its still the lack of graphics driver thats a problem.

p.s. if anyone has seen/hacked a 32bit driver i'd like to know 😉
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16