cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get RAID working on Maximus VI Formula

Anirafkram
Level 7
I've followed this guide http://rog.asus.com/233472013/maximus-motherboards/guide-building-raid-with-uefi/, and also tried the suggestions in the manual (turn it on and it ctrl+I after saying raid for data type) and neither thing works. I'm really irritated because I was under the impression that this was a flagship product. 😞 I've never had so much trouble getting into a RAID menu!

I'm on the latest bios and the board is brand new (first boot)

Any suggestions would be great!
5 REPLIES 5

Praz
Level 13
Do you have more than one hard drive connected and does your keyboard properly work during POST?

I have two Samsung SSDs, and a SATA DVD drive. Granted, I'm an idiot and just realized that all of my devices are plugged into the bottom 4 SATA ports which are not the Intel ones. That is most likely my problem, and I'll test that right when I get home.

Barefooter
Level 7
What Samsung drives do you have? If you have the EVO ones, they are not designed to work in RAID. You need the Pro versions if you want to RAID them. I learned the hard way.

Well, that fixed raid, but now I can no longer boot from USB! Wtf asus!?

Praz
Level 13
This is most likely another configuration error. How are the USB and boot related settings configured in the UEFI? Do you have the USB stick connected to one of the USB 2.0 ports? Have you tried selecting the USB stick from the F8 boot menu?