View Poll Results: What's your take on this?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can live with this issue!

3 8.33%
  • Waiting for Asus to take action!

21 58.33%
  • I'm going for RMA/Replacement!

4 11.11%
  • I don't find it/Solved!

8 22.22%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

nah didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusX View Post
    Here is my 2 cents worth and how I got rid of the auto contrasting on my G750 JH. I have been following this thread and have been stable for two days now with multiple reboots. First I had already uninstalled Splendid utility due to color distortion issues but I still have Power for gear
    installed, also I did turn off auto screen brightness in the advanced settings of Power for gear and have the latest driver installed through Nvidia Geforce experience (driver 334.89).

Opened Nvidia control panel
    opened "adjust video color settings"
    clicked radio button for adjust with the Nvidia settings
    advanced tab
    dynamic range (Full 0-255)

**Now here is where I noticed that the dynamic contrast enhancement was not check marked as being enabled so I,

clicked box to enable
    hit apply
    clicked again to uncheck box,
    hit apply again,
    closed Nvidia control panel and rebooted.....

Voila, no more auto contrast for two days now.

Hope what worked for me works for others and thanks for all who contributed to this thread with their own processes and ideas.

**By the way, the latest Nvidia driver is working perfectly for me.**
    didnt work
    i must say i have been disappointed with this 750 JH samsung panel screen. Despite its a exclusive product.
    Last edited by tugrul; 03-08-2014 at 05:09 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kidfromhell's Avatar

Phew all is good with the 311.93 downgrade. Suddenly today the problem came back and the display became ugly. I was terrified and thought that the downgrade might could be a temporary solution. Being doubtful, I checked GeForce Experience and this sneaky little software updated my drivers silently in the background to 334. OMG, downgraded again to 311 and unchecked all the driver updates. So, problem solved again.

******* SO THIS IS THE PERMANENT SOLUTION*****

Thread OP updated!!
    Last edited by kidfromhell; 03-09-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromhell View Post
    Phew all is good with the 311.93 downgrade. Suddenly today the problem came back and the display became ugly. I was terrified and thought that the downgrade might could be a temporary solution. Being doubtful, I checked GeForce Experience and this sneaky little software updated my drivers silently in the background to 334. OMG, downgraded again to 311 and unchecked all the driver updates. So, problem solved again.

******* SO THIS IS THE PERMANENT SOLUTION*****

Thread OP updated!!
    Yeah sure it’s permanent but I hope we agree that it’s still an interim solution until Asus fixes the problem. Using half a year old drivers really isn’t a solution in my opinion. It would be interesting to know if someone has sent their G750 for inspection at Asus end, and what then Asus replied!?

New ROGer Array

Bump... Seriously... Bump! This is the most enoying feature ever.
    And why does it even make it darker when it's dark, and brighter when it's bright... Shouln't it be the other way around?

ROG Member Array

im having the same problem! done everything that is posted here and the only thing that work was to use the old graphics driver which is unbelievable considering this problem can be solved "note: just like what lenovo did with a patch but doesnt work on asus" FPS dropped and very f'in annoying

Banned Array

I have a G750JX with the 3D glossy screen and I never noticed any issues, can anyone explain what exactly is the issue and how to reproduce it?

New ROGer Array

Hate to mention it to you 750 guys, but I've got a G55VW. Exact same problem, with no solution but to roll back drivers. GREAT.

Alternatively, however, this allows one to realize that the problem is Nvidia and their new drivers, for sure.

ROG Enthusiast Array

i had this problem too. İ tried many many things to get rid of it. Using jh with 3D version. But after i sent machine to the service (3 times)
    they sent it to me back and the problem was gone. Actually i deleted their factory win 8 and installed clean win 8,1 from iso. Then installed latest grpahic driver and atk package still problem was gone no ****en auto contrast anymore. İ think its from nvidia drivers who reveal it and the solution it. İ suspect at the beginning from atk packages but i install them too. try not to install it or install the idffrent nvdia drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by tugrul View Post
    i had this problem too. İ tried many many things to get rid of it. Using jh with 3D version. But after i sent machine to the service (3 times)
    they sent it to me back and the problem was gone. Actually i deleted their factory win 8 and installed clean win 8,1 from iso. Then installed latest grpahic driver and atk package still problem was gone no ****en auto contrast anymore. İ think its from nvidia drivers who reveal it and the solution it. İ suspect at the beginning from atk packages but i install them too. try not to install it or install the idffrent nvdia drivers.
    Tugrul,
    Do you know what they did or didn’t do the first and second time compared to the third time? Did they make a factory install (system restore) when you got it back from service each time, or only the third time? If it is a hardware problem which they actually solved the third time it makes sense that it also worked when you made a clean install. I wonder since some of us have already tried installing clean 8.0/8.1 and the problem persist. So maybe they actually made something drastic the third time?!
    Br,
    Pat!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PatRaven View Post
    Tugrul,
    Do you know what they did or didn’t do the first and second time compared to the third time? Did they make a factory install (system restore) when you got it back from service each time, or only the third time? If it is a hardware problem which they actually solved the third time it makes sense that it also worked when you made a clean install. I wonder since some of us have already tried installing clean 8.0/8.1 and the problem persist. So maybe they actually made something drastic the third time?!
    Br,
    Pat!
    I am also curious on how you solve your problem pls provide a comparison on your hardware and software (display monitor, graphics card, laptop drivers, installer package etc) before and after the third "rma".

also question how do you adjust the contrast of onboard graphics it seems too bright when im on battery, im using the old driver that is provided here (running on g750jx db17).

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast