cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a gaming rig ! ?

Rocket-maan
Level 7
My 2300 dollar G75VW has been RMA'd ...only to return to its little black screen ways mere weeks after the "so called repair job". It works on external monitor, however with horizontal white broken lines across the screen. The GPU is also no where to be found in device manager and installing NVIDIA drivers obviously don't work. Tech guy at HIDevolution concluded a failed graphics card issue after a lengthy remote session, but when I sent it in for repairs earlier in the year, with the exact same problem, they "claimed" that ASUS had changed a defective motherboard,... so now I'm told GPU for the very same symptom.

So their solution was that I should send them a measly 400 bucks in return for a shiny new graphics card, since my warranty had expired, albeit, 3 months of that warranty period being spent at their repair lab. My reply to them, OBVIOUSLY, was, fuaark orrfffff. So YES, I'm pissed...and with a measly 400 bucks totally out of my reach, for the sole purpose of splurging on a shiny new GPU, I resorted to tearing my laptop down, in an effort to discover the elusive clue as to why I've lost my happy face ..."literally",.... so far all I can see is a lack of thermal compound/pads on the GPU and surrounding components...., so I'll reapply compound and rebuild to see whether my fortunes change. So far I've spent more time trying to fix this laptop than enjoying it, while my wife's 400 dollar laptop can handle almost anything you throw at it ,including coffee, juice and baby food, while my so called RIG would disintegrate to utter bits if one as much as sneezes in its general direction ....WHAT A GAMING MACHINE !.....Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

ggBanks
Level 10
Aaaand that's why Alienware is more expensive....
Just sayin'

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Get in touch with cl-Albert about this, he can help straighten things out. Point out to the ASUS RMA people that your laptop has been in the repair shop for 3 months.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Hidevolution told me I'm seeking special treatment when I mentioned that the machine was at repairs for months during warranty and that ASUS would deny helping anyway.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Rocket-maan wrote:
Hidevolution told me I'm seeking special treatment when I mentioned that the machine was at repairs for months during warranty and that ASUS would deny helping anyway.

@Rocket-maan, not sure if you are located in the U.S., or can arrange the shipping to send it here, but if you're interested, we can go through some things at this thread or by private message through the ROG forums (let us know if you need more information about doing this, but you can reach me at cl-Albert).

If you haven't talked to U.S. ASUS support and can send it to the U.S., you might also want to check with them at this contact page http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9 to see if they can give you more options, but feel free to discuss with me as well.

Anyway, I'll need to get more information from you before I will have a better idea what can be done.

If sending the notebook to ASUS isn't going to work for you though, we may want to continue getting more suggestions for others.

Sorry for the delayed response ( was away doing a flight ).....Thanks for the replies most importantly cl-Albert, I did go through the process of shipping to the U.S. once before for RMA but it was very painful as I'm currently based in Barbados and had to go through this arduous process of shipping to hidevolution in California.

Please let me know what information you need concerning the notebook.

Rocket-maan
Level 7
Thanks for your input guys ......I'm not so sure about Alienware/eyecandy , as I'm currently typing this on one right now and guess what, I just restarted it 4 times before I could get to this site to scope for solutions .....hehe ....just saying.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Yeeeep!! Alienware = all flash and no substance :cool:

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Yeeeep!! Alienware = all flash and no substance :cool:

"Gawdy" comes to mind.

Rocket-maan
Level 7
Is there any way for me to get a graphics card for this system without spending 400 bucks ?