cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of the utility ROG

Hood1um
Level 7
Hello! Need name of the ASUS ROG utility preinstalled in notebook G series. Icon (ROG emblem) located in taskbar. Thx.
18 REPLIES 18

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Splendid utility? That, or else the 3D enabling. Why do you need to know what it is? Did you accidentally uninstall it?
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Hood1um
Level 7
Thx for reply! I damaged the recovery image on the HDD so I cant restore my laptop. Using ASUS official site I found all drivers and utilities but not this. This is not Splendid, 3D enabling (G55VW Full HD display with no 3D). I Think it contains all ASUS utilities in one shell. Sry for my bad English.

chrsplmr
Level 18
That looks like the RealBench icon to me.
Were you running RB previously ?

Welcome to ROG. .c.

Thx

Hood1um
Level 7
This is "Asus resource center" :cool: Вut it does not work. Im update my preinstalled Windows 7 HP to Windows 8 Pro. Have a solution to run in Win 8?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Not sure if there will be any problems to try this in Win8, but hopefully this information from my G75VW Win7 unit can help.

My notebook with original ASUS image still has this icon and can be re-pinned to the taskbar (if the software has been installed already and the shortcut unpinned) by showing hidden folders, looking under C:\Program Data\ASUS Resource Center to right-click and pin the ASUS Resource Center shortcut to your taskbar to get it back as below.

If you still have the original ASUS image with 'eSupport' folder under the C: drive, looks like the Win7 installation program can be found under C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\ASUS\DeviceStage_(G series).
It may not be available for download on the ASUS site, so we may need to get you a copy if you don't have it anymore.

Otherwise, you could probably create your own taskbar shortcuts using that icon if you prefer (as long as you have the icon)?

Hood1um
Level 7
I have DVD driver & utility ver. 2.0. Asus resource center was installed from there and still not running(32971

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hmm...it looks like you should have everything you need.
If you open/run the ASUS Resource Center shortcut under ProgramData\ASUS Resource Center does it run okay and show the screen in my previous post?

If this works, you just need to right-click that shortcut and select 'Pin to Taskbar' for it to appear on your taskbar (I can post a screenshot if it will help).

Hood1um
Level 7
When I try to run it from shortcut or direct file (C:\Windows\System32\Dxpserver.exe) nothing happens). Later I try to do this on my other laptop (ASUS N53SV) with Windows 7 HP preinstalled.