cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How important is ROG Connect to you? Help us Poll

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys, i am trying to gauge some feedback on how important ROG connect is to you, and why.

if you dont know about ROG connect, check it out:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?812-ROG-Connect-and-RC-Bluetooth-guide

28 REPLIES 28

Retired
Not applicable
btw, help spread the word if you can

chrsplmr
Level 18
There isnt much talk of it on the forum.. It was more of a curiosity toy, for me, than anything.
I see most straight through the bios..ect.
Maybe, again for me, if I saw others, 'the big guys', using and talking about using it then
I would have re visited it.
Without looking this second, I dont know if there is a sticky or other thread on this.
Maybe a ROG Connect review by one of 'the big guys'
but.... (what a word)
Most have said, and excuse me for repeating this...'real overclockers' use the bios.
Now you have sparked my juices...
I have a amd64 x2 w/xp64 loaded just for this...
I installed it, connected it, looked it over, moved on.
Thank you for the nudge to re think this.c.

Retired
Not applicable
we have a sticky in the rampage section. the link i posted

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I think it's a fantastic starting point, but like chrsplmr stated looked at it and moved on...for me it just didn't have anything more to it than a fun way to impress your friends/relatives...Look I can control my computer from here!....the same goes for the Turbo feature for windows...not enough there...my 965 black I can set the Core Multiplier to 19 in bios with out changing the voltage and it runs stable and cool as if I never did a change but with both the connect and Turbo V EVO the max setting I'm allowed is 17....also with multiple displays like I run I can have my game on #1 a Fan/Temp monitor on #2 and AMD Overdrive on #3....

Retired
Not applicable
To clarify multi control has never been limited in Turbo V EVO or ROG connect. The mutliplier is controlled directly through the iROG controller which communicates with the BIOS or UEFI directly. So sound like something else might have been off. Regardless your feedback is appreciated.

On a personal note I think overclockers not willing to learn new tools not real overclockers do not use ROG connect. When working on a new chipset and new cpu where voltage scaling and frequency scaling is not already know the ability to realtime run your stress test and make clock and frequency adjustments is fantastic. In addition it can be a huge time saver as i do not have to continue to make adjustments within the bios or UEFI and then reboot. With our new Digi+ implementations and UEFI we have taken it even further providing full realtime VRM controls ( OCP, Switching Frequency, Loadline Calibration, Phase Management all from within the OS ).

Lastly it would be great if you could clarify your ending comment which is not clear to me thanks!

....also with multiple displays like I run I can have my game on #1 a Fan/Temp monitor on #2 and AMD Overdrive on #3....

Thanks for the feedback!

illuminatiASUS wrote:
To clarify multi control has never been limited in Turbo V EVO or ROG connect. The mutliplier is controlled directly through the iROG controller which communicates with the BIOS or UEFI directly. So sound like something else might have been off. Regardless your feedback is appreciated.

On a personal note I think overclockers not willing to learn new tools not real overclockers do not use ROG connect. When working on a new chipset and new cpu where voltage scaling and frequency scaling is not already know the ability to realtime run your stress test and make clock and frequency adjustments is fantastic. In addition it can be a huge time saver as i do not have to continue to make adjustments within the bios or UEFI and then reboot. With our new Digi+ implementations and UEFI we have taken it even further providing full realtime VRM controls ( OCP, Switching Frequency, Loadline Calibration, Phase Management all from within the OS ).

Lastly it would be great if you could clarify your ending comment which is not clear to me thanks!

....also with multiple displays like I run I can have my game on #1 a Fan/Temp monitor on #2 and AMD Overdrive on #3....

Thanks for the feedback!

I run 3 display's on my system Display 1 is on my SLI setup and with this I can have a game running or what ever and my other 2 displays run from a thrid card that is not on SLI of which I can customize to display any of the monitoring tools on one and the other I can use AMD's Overdrive Utility to do changes in real time...

I hope this clarified the monitor thing for you...

chrsplmr
Level 18
Thanks Brian..sorry I missed that.. I saw 'bluetooth'...didnt know it was the 'wire' ROGconnect too.
They left that off the V you know? The C4E had BT...No app for my phone. (Java)
The little bump ups are ok without rebooting...but eth.

DC, Exactly.

I hope I see a better response to this...it is speaking volumes..with the lack thereof.
No offense to Asus, but it is sort of like the AutoTune...I felt like I cheated....myself.
I saw what it did though...and it opened doors.

Kipper
Level 10
I use it while doing reviews of ROG boards and its pretty cool.

Last week I gave away my laptop to a gal I know who lost her job and is going back to college to get her nursing degree. These times are so rough for so many, I am praying for some kind of economic turn around before we all have to suffer through another Great Depression, a world wide one to it seems.

69_Goat
Level 7
It's true, that most OC settings are set in the bios, as they should be. The ability to adjust clocks after booting is a real advantage
to acheiving max clock frequencies.

I have used ROG Connect quite a lot, both while benching, and while adjusting clocks for stability settings.

For benching Vantage for example, I know the "Big Guys" have done it, as I have too, that is to adjust clocks mid bench.

You can run the two game tests at your max clocks, then you can reduce the CPU frequency to run the CPU tests.
The result is a higher overall score. 3DMark06 is another bench where I've used it in the same manner, only difference being
adjusting clocks up again after the CPU tests.
Another use is to downclock after the tests, while assembling your screenshot. The chances of successfully getting a SS of the bench
dramatically improves with a lower CPU frequency.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that you can usually bench at a higher frequency than you can POST at.
I like to watch the voltage monitor screen while booting. If you watch it, you'll see a large spike while Windows is booting.
XP spikes higher and longer than Win7, and this, I believe, is why XP is harder to boot into than Win7.

For stability testing, I use it to initially set clocks and voltage, and when I find the settings I like, I go into the bios and hard set them. It's more of a time saver than constantly going to the bios to make adjustments.
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile