cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite III - vccin & fan names

Ambidexter
Level 7
Hi,

In general, I like AISuite III, and it seems to work well. I have 2 issues lately though that I wish I could fix.

When OC'ing my 4770K, I desired to set a 1.90 Volt vccin. I can set this fine in AISuite III. But if I set it in the UEFI, and see that it's set in the UEFI monitor, I end up getting 1.75 Volts or so when I open AISuite III after booting my machine into Windows 8.1.

So if I'm using a benchmarking tool, such as Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, I need to know that the CPU's input is +0.45V above my vcore. So I need something that verifies the voltage.

So, is the 1.75V I see in AISuite III correct? Does launching the AISUite GUI or running it at startup change the input voltage?

Also, I've changed Chassis_Fan1, 2 & 3 as needed for my install. The issue is AISuite III still sees the fans as the standard names where I see the RPMs correctly, but the names I've changed are shown in the 4-way tuning window as having 0 RPM. For example, Chassis_Fan1 was renamed to "Top Exhaust". I see Chassis_Fan1 having the proper RPMs, but "Top Exhaust" is red and "0" on the AIUite GUI. There's no way to delete the changed fan names and start again.

Please let me know if there's something to do...besides uninstall and re-install (groan!)

Thanks,

-Ambi
MB: Maximus VIII Hero
CPU:Intel i7-6700K OC @ 4.7 GHz
Mem: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3600 MHz
Vid: EVGA GTX980 Ti SC@ 1530MHz
SSD:RAID1&0 Samsung 256G 840 Pro

HDD: RAID1 6TB Ultrastar 7K6000
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case:Corsair 600T, mod for roof rad

Custom Loop:
Block:EK Supremacy Clean CSQ, Copper
Rads:AlphaCool ST30 360 & 120
Fans: 4 X Enermax CLUSTER Advance, Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm, KingWin DB122
Pumps:2 X MCP 35x in series
Tubing:Tygon 2475 1/2" ID X 3/4" OD
1 REPLY 1

Ambidexter
Level 7
Hi,

I figured out the VccIn issue. I needed to set the boot for initial and eventual vccin. I just set one but both were needed to reach the real voltage I wanted. So, it was a "pilot error" on my behalf, not AISuite III.

The fans issue still has me baffled!

Cheers,

-Ambi

Ambidexter wrote:
Hi,

In general, I like AISuite III, and it seems to work well. I have 2 issues lately though that I wish I could fix.

When OC'ing my 4770K, I desired to set a 1.90 Volt vccin. I can set this fine in AISuite III. But if I set it in the UEFI, and see that it's set in the UEFI monitor, I end up getting 1.75 Volts or so when I open AISuite III after booting my machine into Windows 8.1.

So if I'm using a benchmarking tool, such as Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, I need to know that the CPU's input is +0.45V above my vcore. So I need something that verifies the voltage.

So, is the 1.75V I see in AISuite III correct? Does launching the AISUite GUI or running it at startup change the input voltage?

Also, I've changed Chassis_Fan1, 2 & 3 as needed for my install. The issue is AISuite III still sees the fans as the standard names where I see the RPMs correctly, but the names I've changed are shown in the 4-way tuning window as having 0 RPM. For example, Chassis_Fan1 was renamed to "Top Exhaust". I see Chassis_Fan1 having the proper RPMs, but "Top Exhaust" is red and "0" on the AIUite GUI. There's no way to delete the changed fan names and start again.

Please let me know if there's something to do...besides uninstall and re-install (groan!)

Thanks,

-Ambi
MB: Maximus VIII Hero
CPU:Intel i7-6700K OC @ 4.7 GHz
Mem: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3600 MHz
Vid: EVGA GTX980 Ti SC@ 1530MHz
SSD:RAID1&0 Samsung 256G 840 Pro

HDD: RAID1 6TB Ultrastar 7K6000
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case:Corsair 600T, mod for roof rad

Custom Loop:
Block:EK Supremacy Clean CSQ, Copper