Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

..the box was completely sealed when it arrived so it wasn't the carrier that did it on "purpose" and I personally built and packed it myself so if you're insinuating that I have anything to gain from destroying 2 months of my life and a $8k computer for a $1k check and thousands in lost revenue for my company you can see yourself out of this thread.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The White Night View Post
    I do believe the mobo is fine and i'll test it and the other lanes with another gpu as soon as possible. There are no pins in the cpu as it is an LGA2011 E5-2867W and it is clamped down pretty hard by the board itself. If i notice any heat issues it will be the first place i'll look!
    Obviously the CPU does not have pins, but it's socket has!!! Uneven tightening of the cooler can cause bending of the socket pins, which in turn can result in various issues. If your cooler has springs in the attaching mechanism, there is a chance that the cooler was moving too... - that's the reason why I suggested to check it... However, the fact that you see the code 34, that your system goes into BIOS is a possible good sign that those pins didn't got damaged...

With that big graphics card there is no secure way to mount it when it's about shipping! The PCIe lane does not support too much, it's only for contact. Despite that the card is fixed only at one end... based on your pictures that first PCIe lane has been moved from it's place. That can cause bad contact, even shorting...

The fact that the VGA does not work in other system suggests that it may suffered damages too... the loose fan from the CPU heatsink certainly hit it while traveled down to the PSU... additionally the card's contacts may be broken too...

Next time when you're shipping ready built systems, do not mount the graphics card... some low profile, small cards are OK, but these big ones are not. I also don't like these tower-type CPU coolers on while shipping... also, the PSU has been secured additionally beside those 4 screws.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford PC Specs
    Rockford PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING
    ProcessorRYZEN 2700X
    Memory (part number)CRUCIAL BALLISTIX TACTICAL 2X4GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GEFORCE GTX 970 DC2OC BLACK
    MonitorDELL U SERIES
    Storage #1KINGSTON A400 120GB SATA III
    Storage #2KINGSTON A400 480GB SATA III
    CPU CoolerRYZEN WRAITH PRISM
    CaseBENCH
    Power SupplyEVGA SUPERNOVA G2 650W
    Keyboard DUCKY TKL MEKA
    Mouse CORSAIR HARPOON
    Headset ASTRO A50 WIRELESS
    Accessory #1 WIFE

I wasnt going in that direction..

just the oddity of that last pic..

paw out from thread-->

ROG Member Array

Ah I got you and yeah I've learned my lesson for GPU's, that's the one part I wish I had sent separately for the same reasons you stated and mostly everything else was fine. I imagine it would be hard to inspect the mobo for further damage to the pins. Are they directly behind the CPU? If so I'm not sure if the rear of the case shows it visibly. The card contacts do not look physically damaged either but it has been confirmed to be malfunctional.

Whitepaw, those fins are extremely easy to bend. You have to understand how frustrating this was for me and my partner to receive it expecting to begin a new chapter and now it's sitting there like a brick after 2 months of work it makes me look bad. I'll see if I can obtain a GPU to test the rest and report back. I really hope I don't have to remove the board that's my main concern because I will have to do that in person and I seriously have no more time to waste on this thing.

Mate, the socket pins are inside the socket, underneath the CPU. The only way to see them is to remove the CPU. But leave that as a last resort... first try to get an image from your system.

Did that card had a backplate? Can not determine what card it is from your pictures... anyhow examine carefully the back of the card, the side closer to the CPU... you may post a picture too if you want - more eyes can see better...

The other place where you can check is at the I/O ports... if that was fixed and the rest of the cards was moving, you may find some damage there...

ROG Member Array

I have stated earlier it was a FirePro W8000. We're going back with a Titan as soon as possible.

Sorry, I have missed that...

So, that card has a backplate, meaning that mostly was protected... only the area behind the GPU is not covered - check there if you can see some damage...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2