cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Member with First Build - Keeps Rebooting/Crashing - Help Please

DrJeff
Level 7
Help Please!

Just completed my first build, please excuse my inexperience as I am a total Noob at this.

My build is as follows,

Asus Maximus VI Vormula
ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780
Intel i7 4770K
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
Corsair H100i
COUGAR CF-V12HPB 120mm fans x 6
Corsair Carbide Air 540
SeaSonic X Series X-1050 1050W ATX12V
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB
Western Digital Black 1TB 6GB/sec
Windows 8.1 64bit
Asus VG248QE
Corsair K70 Keyboard
Logitech G700 mouse

The problem is that periodically the screen freezes and I can hear a buzzing sound and it either reboots or I get a blue screen with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message and then it reboots. This can occur when I am gaming or at any random time. Sometimes I dont get a screen freeze or buzzing sound and it just reboots.

I have tried reinstaling drivers, and the device manager shows no conflicts or errors. The temps seem fine and Im have not overclocked anything, although I had hoped tp.

Please help as the computer works great when it works but it is not usable like this. Any suggestions would be great. I have installed AI suite 3 and i was thinking of uninstalling it as I hear it can cause issues.

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

Nate152

kkn
Level 14
ditch the aisuite.
for monitor of temps and sutch use hwmonitor or realtemp.
do you have corsair link software instaled too?
run memtest to see if your ram dont have enny errors on them ( faults ).
if nate pops back i hope he can give you a link to how to do it 🙂

Nate152

DrJeff
Level 7
Thanks Nate and kkn for the suggestions. I ran memtest and it was ok. I do have Corsair Link installed but I am not running it and have disconnected the USB link to the H100i. I am sorry Nate but I am not sure about XMP. I haven't done anything specific to set up the memory other than check in the Bios that it was running at 1866 as advertised and that the timings and latency were as stated by G.Skill.

I did look at the bios last night and changed a setting back to auto rather than locking it at 1866. I used the computer last night without headphones or speakers and it ran fine for the half hour I tested it with a pretty intensive game. I am sorry that I am not at home to check the exact setting but I can post it later tonight. I ggogled XMP and I don't beleive I ran anything like that unless it was part of the AI Suite.

I may uninstall AI Suite as I dont think it really does anything worthwhile and will check into your suggestions for other programs. I have PWM fans so I would like to be able to control their speeds.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Nate152
For stability I find it is best to set up your RAM manually and not use X.M.P. Go into your bios, Hit F5 to set defaults, extreme tweaker tab, set AI Overclock tuner to manual. set the RAM frequency to 1866, Dram voltage to 1.5v and the first 4 timings in Dram timing control. Let all other RAM timings on auto. If you want to control your fans on the H100i, connect the usb link to the motherboard (this is for the pump as well). In the bios go to monitoring tab and set cpu fan speed to ignore and use the software that came with the H100i. You do have the fans connected to the cpu fan headers correct? I imagine you have ai suite III installed and I would suggest removing that in add/remove programs then run the ai suite III remover tool.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34503-AI-Suite-III-Cleaner

DrJeff
Level 7
Thanks Nate I will give that a try tonight. So AI suite is really that bad , that is unfortunate. I will remove it and run the removal tool. I was hoiping to overclock both my 4770K and my ASUS GTX 780 but I am not going to try that until everything is stable. Is there a good tutorial for how to do the overclocking with my CPU, motherboard and graphics card?
Thanks again

Nate152
AI suite can conflict with programs like cpu-z and other monitoring programs. For overclocking your graphics card I would use precision x. There are some overclocking guides here on the forum but I will say it is super easy to overclock your cpu. Temperature controls how far you will be able to overclock your cpu. You want to see 80c or below at all times. If you want I can help you with this. Here is the overclocking guide for the Maximus VI series motherboards.

http://rog.asus.com/242142013/labels/rog-exclusive/maximus-vi-series-uefi-guide-for-overclocking/

DrJeff
Level 7
Thanks Nate I really appreciate the advice and your offer to help with the overclocking. I will remove AI Suite tonight and see how it runs. After I go over the guide you gave the link for and make sure everything is stable I will gladly take you up on your offer help with the overclocking. I just want to make sure all is running ok before I start the overclock.

Thanks again.

Nate152
No Problem DrJeff, You can download prime95 or Realbench to test for stability.