cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a cooling pad/support platform for my G750JX.

sevymar
Level 7
First of all, i didn't buy it for the cooling actually.
But because i'm sitting on a table that has a protection paper ontop which "crackles" really easily, aka not a straight surface, so i was afraid it would block too much of the exits below the laptop.

I wanted a simple, clean, not too big cooling pad and i decided to buy the CM Notepal U3 Plus.
It's basically a single aluminium plank with a steep angle, it's a very simple design with no features.
The 3 included 80mm fans are also detachable and able to place them anywhere you want.
This model supports up to 19" laptops. (read further for a warning though)

Personal thoughts:
At first sight it looks really clean & simple which i was looking for.
There is no cable mess and you wont waste 1 USB port since the USB connector has another port on the other side.
The fans are really silent, even on full speed.
The rubber feet of the laptop are not slippery at all, it's very stable and it stays on its place while typing and such.

Though, be warned, since it's a single aluminium plank it's not uberly strong, my laptop weights about 4.8kg and it does slightly make the surface bend a bit when i'm resting my hand palms on the laptop. But so far it hasn't been a big problem yet.
I'm pretty sure that with 18 or 19" laptops the surface will easily bend which makes this not really supportive up to 19" ...

The price was 31€ which wasn't "that" expensive.

My score: 7/10
But if you want to be sure that your cooling pad wont bend then i would recommend you to search for another one, possibly the CM Notepal XL.

Incase you own a cooling pad yourself, share your experiences 😛
6 REPLIES 6

RogBo
Level 7
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002Q8X3L2/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been using this one for nearly 2 years now, I rarely use the vents as the laptop can cool enough when just standing on this pad.

Crmn1625
Level 7
I use a Logitech Speaker Lapdesk. With my old laptop it was a necessity for cooling but with the G750, it cools very nicely on its own although I still have the fans running on the lapdesk. My primary use of this is that the sound is lot fuller through the lapdesk speakers as well as the lapdesk is very nicely padded to allow me to sit in my recliner and work and play on my G750 comfortably.
G750JH-DB72-CA
250GB SSD/ 750GB HDD/ 16GB RAM
Windows 8.1:)

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I use the Zalman NC2000. Black. Simply beautiful, works amazing. I actually caught a cold from it once. ;d

Darnassus wrote:
I use the Zalman NC2000. Black. Simply beautiful, works amazing. I actually caught a cold from it once. ;d

What are the thoughts on the Zalman NC3000-U ??
It looks definately stronger atleast.

Though, many reviews saying it has poor assembly aka the ports on the back break easily.

sevymar
Level 7
I will buy the ZM-NC3500 for my gf.
It has a single (huge) fan only but it's mainly to have better airflow and such...

Darnassus
Status Under Review
sevymar wrote:
What are the thoughts on the Zalman NC3000-U ??
It looks definately stronger atleast.

Though, many reviews saying it has poor assembly aka the ports on the back break easily.

I don't like the models that blow air directly into the laptop unit. The reason I love the NC-2000 is because of the shell of it the air needs to blow through. The air is strong enough to blow through the aluminium surface, and drag the cold air that is ambient to the metal to the under surface of the laptop. But not strong enough to carry most ( and I mean a high % like 95% and up.) of the dust, and especially hairs.

I specifically bought this so I could pull it apart, and empty the dust that builds up in the unit, and know that all the dust I find is inside the cooler, and not in my laptop.

P.S. This model is extra sturdy, too. The entire top is made of aluminium and I've had one of the models for 3 years, and still works perfectly. I used it every day in excess to 6-8 hours. The only reason I replaced it was because my G750JX doesn't fit on it properly. ( The rubber feet were barely on the surface, hanging halfway off ) So I bought the bigger one, for 19" laptops and it fits, absolutely perfect.

All you need to do is care for it.