cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ive been waiting 2 months for RIVEB what other motherboards is there

GabrielKnight
Level 7
I have been waiting 2 months for my ordered Rampage IV Black Edition it keeps getting delayed I know I might have to wait up to another month so instead of waiting maybe I should get another motherboard, I realy like the RIVEB but what is a great board that is as good as the RIVEB? What about the Asus X79 Deluxe, im going to use 64GB ram, i7 4930K cpu and one GTX Titan 6GB. I will be using this for rendering and gaming I have been told that Gigabyte boards arnt to good - why? I want to stay away from boards that have some sort of built in fan to cool the north/south bridge like the Asus Sabertooth.

I am buying my RIVEB from Australia and the option to buy elsewhere like ebay from oversees is something I cant do as the ones on ebay want an extra $400 to $500 they sure saw the demand and buying curve ahead of everyone they must be making some good money even at those high prices I almost thought about getting one but it would take about a month to get here - for me not worth it.
19 REPLIES 19

kkn
Level 14
hit up myk silentshadow and ask if he know a store in the AU that have it in.
hes "all over" the rampage boards 😉

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hey Gabriel!! i'll save you the PM mate 😛 have you looked at scorptech computers yet? they're *supposed* to be getting them in on the 4th, for $625...I want one myself, but lack the funds lol. They were listed on PC Case Gear for $599, but have just been pulled from their website a couple days ago...I got it wishlisted still and it now says $649!!

graphic
Level 11
hmm, http://www.staticice.com.au/ is one i check
and shopbot is another.... yeah I'm in the same boat,
like to upgrade only cause its the latest and greatest..
mind you, my formular x79 is serving me well 🙂
ebay has had some for like the $500 mark, and shipping
anywhere between $60 to $100, which is probablly the biggest
killer, I would be patient if i was you......

graphic wrote:
hmm, http://www.staticice.com.au/ is one i check
and shopbot is another.... yeah I'm in the same boat,
like to upgrade only cause its the latest and greatest..
mind you, my formular x79 is serving me well 🙂
ebay has had some for like the $500 mark, and shipping
anywhere between $60 to $100, which is probablly the biggest
killer, I would be patient if i was you......

Heh, yeah I use staticice too mate, but last I checked yest, nearly all sellers who have it listed have none and no ETA...only Scorptech is the only one i've seen with an ETA, though, that has changed twice in the last 5 days 😞

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Heh, yeah I use staticice too mate, but last I checked yest, nearly all sellers who have it listed have none and no ETA...only Scorptech is the only one i've seen with an ETA, though, that has changed twice in the last 5 days 😞

Yes two months ago it was sometime after Christmas then a bit later then the 28th now the 4th but they were very helpful to get back to me on this Monday the 3rd to tell me how long it will be, something about Asus or their supplier maybe one in the same.

GabrielKnight wrote:
Yes two months ago it was sometime after Christmas then a bit later then the 28th now the 4th but they were very helpful to get back to me on this Monday the 3rd to tell me how long it will be, something about Asus or their supplier maybe one in the same.

The only thing I can think of mate, is either it's taking longer to be shipped by boat, or, the boards are being held up in Customs.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
The only thing I can think of mate, is either it's taking longer to be shipped by boat, or, the boards are being held up in Customs.

I know that when I made the order for the mobo and parts that there is other people in line like me waiting in turn but what I don't understand is why cant scorptec and other computer shops just order all the boards they need and perhaps a few extra for when people buy them so no one has to wait?

GabrielKnight wrote:
I know that when I made the order for the mobo and parts that there is other people in line like me waiting in turn but what I don't understand is why cant scorptec and other computer shops just order all the boards they need and perhaps a few extra for when people buy them so no one has to wait?

Supply and demand mate, don't forget; the factory they get their boards built at have to also make a hell of a lot of other boards, unfortunately no matter how Companies try and over-compensate for demand....they get shocked because more people want something than they were anticipating. I'm sure ASUS has a pretty fair idea of how the RIVBE would sell, but, I bet as usual...the end figures exceeded their expectations. It always happens and sadly, it always will.

kkn
Level 14
the main supplyer in to AU, and he have to send a order to asus.