New ROGer Array

Something Wrong With my charger NEED HELP ASAP!

So imma just cut to the chase.... I was downloading a 2gb game using my charger all day. Evening arrived and i heared a noise, i came back to my asus laptop and found out that the charger is not working. I unplugged and plugged it several times and it still is not working. I noticed that the charger was so goddamn hot and also noticed that the green light thingy on the box thingy on the charger wont light up to green ( i think the green light on the box thingy tells if electricity is flowing through it).... My guess is that it probably got fried since I smell a wierd scent on the charger. Anyway this is my first post so pleasr dont judge me saying box thingy as i really dont know what they are and is trying to identify them. Can someone please help me??? What should i do???

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array martyn's Avatar

my asus laptop
    Well, that should give you a clue to post this in the laptop/notebook section as to what to do.
    Rampage iv Extreme.....3930 i7.....32gb Corsair Vengeance....Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme....Matrix HD 7970 x 2 in crossfire....Creative Fatality Champion Soundcard - With front drive bay....Themaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475 watt power supply.....Samsung SSD 830 512gb...Samsung 1TB HD x 2....Samsung Blu Ray drive....Samsung DVD drive...Windows 7 Ultimate....Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 case

New ROGer Array

Can you tell me how to fix it?

The power adapter/charger is not user serviceable. If it no longer works request a RMA from ASUS for your location or purchase another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerub131 View Post
    Can you tell me how to fix it?
    Can't be done safely. High voltages/currents (and the charger has both) are dangerous for people without proper training to repair. Namely, fire risks. PM cl-Albert if you have any issues getting an RMA.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

Oh well then... Imma just prepare to get killed by my dad.... Thanks guys