cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Wrong With my charger NEED HELP ASAP!

Kerub131
Level 7
So imma just cut to the chase.... I was downloading a 2gb game using my charger all day. Evening arrived and i heared a noise, i came back to my asus laptop and found out that the charger is not working. I unplugged and plugged it several times and it still is not working. I noticed that the charger was so goddamn hot and also noticed that the green light thingy on the box thingy on the charger wont light up to green ( i think the green light on the box thingy tells if electricity is flowing through it).... My guess is that it probably got fried since I smell a wierd scent on the charger. Anyway this is my first post so pleasr dont judge me saying box thingy as i really dont know what they are and is trying to identify them. Can someone please help me??? What should i do???
5 REPLIES 5

martyn
Level 10
my asus laptop

Well, that should give you a clue to post this in the laptop/notebook section as to what to do.
Rampage iv Extreme.....3930 i7.....32gb Corsair Vengeance....Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme....Matrix HD 7970 x 2 in crossfire....Creative Fatality Champion Soundcard - With front drive bay....Themaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475 watt power supply.....Samsung SSD 830 512gb...Samsung 1TB HD x 2....Samsung Blu Ray drive....Samsung DVD drive...Windows 7 Ultimate....Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 case

Kerub131
Level 7
Can you tell me how to fix it?

Kerub131 wrote:
Can you tell me how to fix it?

Can't be done safely. High voltages/currents (and the charger has both) are dangerous for people without proper training to repair. Namely, fire risks. PM cl-Albert if you have any issues getting an RMA.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Praz
Level 13
The power adapter/charger is not user serviceable. If it no longer works request a RMA from ASUS for your location or purchase another one.

Kerub131
Level 7
Oh well then... Imma just prepare to get killed by my dad.... Thanks guys