Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

No it should not change with such small variation. The scoring formula does some math juju with floating point digits, among other things, in order to be a little harder to figure out, that nullifies such small difference.

Still there is an upgrade coming to the subcomponents of RB, which includes a major upgrade for the OpenCL test that includes some optimizations for Nvidia cards. Expect the formula to change. And after my tests are concluded, if the gap between AMD and Nvidia is smaller on OpenCL, I will also increase the test's weight in the overall system score.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Junior Member Array PixelsROG PC Specs
    PixelsROG PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Apple MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.16 15"
    MotherboardAsus Rampage Extreme IV
    Processori7-3960X @4.90GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill DDR3 2133MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Classified K|ngp|n
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Essence STX
    Monitor2x Dell 2407WFP-HC
    Storage #11x ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD
    Storage #22x Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i P/P
    CaseCooler Master HAF X
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000W 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech diNovo Edge
    Mouse Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser/Yamaha
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Network RouterAsus PCE-AC66 Network WiFi Card
    Accessory #1 Pioneer BDR-S09XLT

Quote Originally Posted by DoGood View Post
    I have been overclocking my PC this weekend. I started using the 4.4GHz CPU Level Up and then manually overclocked to 4.6GHz. My first final score was 80808 and I've worked my way up to 85533. The one thing that has been consistent has been the OpenCL score at 24569. EVERY test has been 24569, regardless of CPU, RAM, or Video settings. It doesn't fluctuate a single digit; always 24569.

I haven't found much on what LuxMark OpenCL really does and nothing on what would affect its processing. What can I do to improve my score?

My Current OC:
    CPU 4.6GHz @ 1.350V
    Cache 4.6GHz @ 1.330V
    Video:
    Core Clock +104 (Core: 1189, Boost: 1241)
    Memory Clock +348 (1927)
    I've been having problems with the OpenCL scores in Realbench too. Like you, and no doubt many others, the score pretty much never changes. However, I've found, depending on what release of driver you're using, it can be made to change, for both better or worse.

AMD cards work better with OpenCL, as we know, but Nvidia users, can have mixed results, which are normally, not as good as we'd like...

There's loads on the internet about OpenCL and Nvidia's support for it, but I'm not going to go into that here...

After reading this thread, I decided to see what I could do, if anything, to improve my OpenCL score in Realbench.

After trying several earlier Nvidia drivers, than is currently available, I found a couple that did improve my overall score in Realbench, but none would shift the OpenCL score higher than the 57379 I was consistently getting.

Without getting a faster card than I already have, or indeed, an AMD based card, I was really beginning to think, things couldn't be improved...

I've had several AMD based cards over the years, which weren't as good/powerful as the card I currently have, but the OpenCL scores have always been higher in Realbench - and in some cases, up to 80000 (with a single card).

After vising numerous forums, and gleaning numerous amounts of info, I went off and downloaded this: 'opencl_runtime_16.1.1_x64_setup'.

After installation of that, I now get a score, in the OpenCL test in Realbench, of 77065.
    Last edited by PixelsROG; 01-11-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3