Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Booting Issue

ROG Member Array

Booting Issue

Hey guys,

So I recently installed my SSD as the primary drive with the OS, and formatted my original HDD.

I've noticed that sometimes when I turn off & turn on the computer that the BIOS settings will come back up, and the SSD will not be in my booting priority order (sometimes I can't even see it in the options when choosing the boot). It seems that the settings change themselves and I keep having to go back and do them again as they were.

I eventually manage to boot it however, are there any suggestions on how to fix this issue permanantely?

Nystik out of curiosity when you did your data migration did you physically swap which bays your SSD and HDD were connected to?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

reset BIOS settings..and restart your laptop...

ROG Member Array

I formatted my SSD again whilst the HDD was not connected. It works fine and I managed to start and turn off without any issues about 10 times.

As soon as I added my HDD as the extra drive and tried to boot it up with both attached I received this error:

The boot configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
    Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. (etc.)

ROG Member Array

Also, I've noticed that after adding the formatted & empty HDD it automatically moves up to first boot order for some reason. Everything I edit that it changes itself.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
    Nystik out of curiosity when you did your data migration did you physically swap which bays your SSD and HDD were connected to?
    So, did you?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    So, did you?
    I have the SSD connected to the right bay, and the HDD connected to the left bay, as I read that the right bay is the primary drive?

I've tried changing it the other way but the booting problem remains.

ROG Member Array

UPDATE; Just had my first issue regarding the SSD booting without the HDD installed in the bracket.

It brought me straight to the BIOS screen and I couldn't see any device to boot from, not even the installed SSD with the OS.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nystik View Post
    UPDATE; Just had my first issue regarding the SSD booting without the HDD installed in the bracket.

It brought me straight to the BIOS screen and I couldn't see any device to boot from, not even the installed SSD with the OS.
    Bump.

Unfortunately I'm not at home and don't have my laptop with me. I'll try to look into this when I get home this evening and seew hat I can come up with.

Edit: To get ahead of the game when you have a chance can you post what model you have and what BIOS version you are on?
    Last edited by Nillaz; 02-02-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast