cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get good performance whilst playing on battery?

MrKidd
Level 7
Playing games w/o being plugged in
RIG: G750JW Laptop/ GTX 765M/ i7-4700HQ

I basically want to play be able to play games without having to be plugged in. When I play games like League of Legends on battery, the fps drops down dramatically as to playing it plugged it. I tried changing the Minimum Processor State to 100% on battery so I could play games but performance is still pretty bad. Is there a way for me to play games with good performance on battery?

PS: Sorry I couldn't word it any better, hope you guys understand
6 REPLIES 6

angrylemon
Level 10
The answer is no sadly. ASUS sacrificed performance for battery life.

angrylemon wrote:
The answer is no sadly. ASUS sacrificed performance for battery life.

To an extent yes. However, laptop batteries aren't designed to source the necessary current, as it is so high when playing games. Over-drawing a Lithium-Ion battery can damage it.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

sasuke256
Level 7
update to the last bios and you will have decent performance on battery, with the stock one the cpu is locked @ 800Mhz on battery..
try to avoid gaming on battery it really kills it 🙂
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

Antronman
Level 10
Tune in to FOX television today m' boys!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Maxter
Level 9
Low demanding games you should play ok with the newer BIOS revision. The battery cannot provide enough power to OC the CPU and boost the GPU at the same time, so it'll increase one and decrease the other one and vice versa (as needed). Some demanding games will seem laggy because of this every few seconds. This is a technology issue... the battery is a 150+ old technology and it has its limits.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Be sure to check your bios version though as sasuke256 mentioned since the newer bios versions should improve the gaming performance on battery power at least compared to some of the older bios versions.