cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen after windows 8.1?

amitabhbansal
Level 7
Friends, i have G750Jx-CV069p, it came with windows 8 pro, i upgraded it to windows 8.1 pro from windows store, then updated the graphic card driver too, now there is no update left for windows and graphic card, when i shut down the laptop and start it, it only shows me Republic Of Gamers screen and then it goes black and blank and nothing happens for a long time, i have to keep pressing the power button to shut it down and start it again, and then it works fine, but this problem always happen whenever i shut down, i dont like power shutting down everytime, please help friends.
17 REPLIES 17

Nehmia
Level 9
Make sure you update your WLAN and Bluetooth Drivers from here:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JW&p=3&s=521
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Nehmia wrote:

thanks Nehmia, for the reply, unfortunately my windows gets corrupted and I did the reset, now its 8 pro, if u r sure about these two drivers then only I will upgrade to 8.1. secondly I am also getting these 2 updates in windows update in optional update section, so should I update it from windows update or by the asus website?

Nehmia wrote:

I tried to update the BT driver but everytime it says Bluetooth not found, i tried reset also but same thing, and my bluetooth is working, dont know what is going on, successfully updated WLAN driver, i have updated in windows 8, and tried in 8.1 too, but BT driver is not going on.

angrylemon
Level 10
Always update drivers from the ASUS website, don't let Windows update drivers.

amitabhbansal
Level 7
thanks angrylemon, i will always update from the manufacturer website, but what about the issue i am having of black screen (blank screen) in windows 8.1 pro? will the Bluetooth and Wlan driver fix this issue?

Nehmia
Level 9
Before you update to Windows 8.1, uninstall each and every driver and reboot after each uninstall

Now, download all the updated drivers from the G750JW Drivers download page I gave you above

then install all the drivers one by one restarting after each update
Follow this order:

1) Chipset Drivers
2) IRST
3) MEI
4) VGA
5) Audio
6) Card Reader
) Keyboard Device Filter
😎 ATK Package
9) LAN
10) WLAN
11) Bluetooth
12) Wireless Radio Control
13) Touchpad

do all the windows updates, and right click on each driver update that appears in Windows updates and HIDE IT

whatever you do, do not install any driver other than the manufacturer drivers and that includes the VGA Drivers

Also note, when installing the VGA Drivers, choose Custom, then choose CLEAN INSTALL, then unselect the GeForce Experience components otherwise it will update the nVIDIA drivers to the latest ones and you will face a boot issue again. Some users who don't have the 3D screen don't experience problems with the nVIDIA Drivers but people like me who have the 3D Screen installing the latest nVIDIA Drivers will just brick my laptop

it is best to stick to manufacturer drivers always as they have been tested to work on your laptop 100%
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD

Nehmia wrote:
Before you update to Windows 8.1, uninstall each and every driver and reboot after each uninstall

Now, download all the updated drivers from the G750JW Drivers download page I gave you above

then install all the drivers one by one restarting after each update
Follow this order:

1) Chipset Drivers
2) IRST
3) MEI
4) VGA
5) Audio
6) Card Reader
) Keyboard Device Filter
😎 ATK Package
9) LAN
10) WLAN
11) Bluetooth
12) Wireless Radio Control
13) Touchpad

do all the windows updates, and right click on each driver update that appears in Windows updates and HIDE IT

whatever you do, do not install any driver other than the manufacturer drivers and that includes the VGA Drivers

Also note, when installing the VGA Drivers, choose Custom, then choose CLEAN INSTALL, then unselect the GeForce Experience components otherwise it will update the nVIDIA drivers to the latest ones and you will face a boot issue again. Some users who don't have the 3D screen don't experience problems with the nVIDIA Drivers but people like me who have the 3D Screen installing the latest nVIDIA Drivers will just brick my laptop

it is best to stick to manufacturer drivers always as they have been tested to work on your laptop 100%

Thanks but u gave me the link of the model G750JW whereas i have G750JX, dont u think there will be some difference? and if there is still some problem with booting issue, i will stick with windows 8 only 😞
and when i checked the G750JX support page i found only few drivers for windows 8.1, what to do

amitabhbansal wrote:
Thanks but u gave me the link of the model G750JW whereas i have G750JX, dont u think there will be some difference? and if there is still some problem with booting issue, i will stick with windows 8 only 😞
and when i checked the G750JX support page i found only few drivers for windows 8.1, what to do

you're right, the ASUS Driver team is slow and they have yet to update the G750JX

I've used all the G750JW drivers they are 100% compatible the laptops are identical

if you check the version numbers of the G750JW Windows 8 drivers VS the G750JX Widows 8 drivers, they are a clone of each other as well
ASUS G750JX-CV050H

Nehmia wrote:
you're right, the ASUS Driver team is slow and they have yet to update the G750JX

I've used all the G750JW drivers they are 100% compatible the laptops are identical

if you check the version numbers of the G750JW Windows 8 drivers VS the G750JX Widows 8 drivers, they are a clone of each other as well

Thanks for the info, will this black screen issue will solve after all of this update?