cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Benchmark Thread (post your scores)

Thestroj
Level 8
Hello everyone,

I would like to start an thread about SSD disk's.
I would like for you guys to post your benchmarks of your SSD's, so everyone who are buying a new SSD can see for them self on wich SSD is best for them. For the rest of us who already have we can see what scores other users have and if our own ssd's are perfoming as they should or even better than they should. 🙂
I think its a very good idea.

PLEASE add info about your ssd, price, if in raid0, what you use it for and all the tricks and info, tips that u cant think of so we average users can learn something new and try to get the most of our SSD's... 🙂

U can get simple an very efective benchmark tool here: (free)
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6014-as-ssd-benchmark.html

Or you could go with the Samsung magician built in benchmark tool, but i think it will be better if we all use the same independent program. I used both.

I have an Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB + 1TB 5400rpm HDD with 16gb of hynix RAM (i added 8 gb myself) inside G750JX.
Here are my test results with RAPID more enabled for better performance (20-50% faster):

Take care
32 REPLIES 32

Nystik
Level 7
I'm about to purchase the Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256GB for my G750JW setup. Hopefully it's as good as everyone says it is!

JMourao
Level 7
ok you have activated the RAPID Mode, that in those test get boosted up quite a lot, it becames indeed faster(nothing specially that you would notice)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-840-evo-review-1tb-ssd,3567-14.html

Later on i will post my scores, i have a samsung 840 pro 256gb

And lets choose a program that will process everythin in common, like crystal disk mark with standard configurations

nazgullz
Level 7
got pretty low score with liteonit lcs-256m6s no idea why

aonavy
Level 7
damn! Thats is one fast SSD. Is that right out of the box?

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15

Awww snap! looks like your score is now not so good :cool: 😛

Myk SilentShadow wrote:

aw come on, RAMdisk/ RAMcaches don't count.
that's SSD on steroids.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
aw come on, RAMdisk/ RAMcaches don't count.
that's SSD on steroids.

Hehehe yep and you wanna know something funny? those speeds are only from using 1600 MHz frequency...I bet if I tuned my RAM to 2133(if I got lucky without OCing my CPU) the numbers would sooooooooooar 😄

Myk SilentShadow wrote:

LOL, didnt even think that my SSD is fast. But that's excatcly why i opened that post, TO LEARN SOME MORE.
Im just an average user, and wish to learn some more. Could you tell me wich SSD your have, how much did it cost and how did get that kind of performance and large increase of the performance was it with the adjustemnts that u did.

My ssd is out of the box, I only made some options in Samsung Magician (RAPID mode enabled).

Thestroj wrote:
LOL, didnt even think that my SSD is fast. But that's excatcly why i opened that post, TO LEARN SOME MORE.
Im just an average user, and wish to learn some more. Could you tell me wich SSD your have, how much did it cost and how did get that kind of performance and large increase of the performance was it with the adjustemnts that u did.

My ssd is out of the box, I only made some options in Samsung Magician (RAPID mode enabled).

Allow me to be the one to blow your mind and introduce you to what is called RAM Disks/RAM Cache. That my friend, is a score based not on an SSD, but, a virtual software drive that is created using System Memory aka RAM. Yes, SSD's are fast....but, you would need to RAID a few of them(probably more than 6) together on a RAID card to get numbers close to my result.