cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Modding.

Antronman
Level 10
Hi guys!

I want to mod a Cooler Master Cosmos II that would include some extensive airbrush work on the case and components. But I want to know about stealth covers, and solid WC loops.

My questions are:

1. Are there any pre-fabricated stealth covers? If yes, where? If no, how could I fabricate one?

2. How difficult are solid loops to setup?
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me
3 REPLIES 3

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
Solid loop you mean using copper tubing ?
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |

Antronman
Level 10
No, solid acrylic.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

welshy46
Level 7
I've not done it to a PC yet, but bending the tubes is relatively easy with a bit of practice. Just keep rolling the tube above the flame till it starts to feel like it wants to bend, then using a form or mandril. Basically something with the shape of the curve want, bend the tube over it. If you're good you can pre cut the tube to the finished length, put the bend in and fit it. Not as easy as it sounds lol when fitting gas and water pipe. At first I would bend the tube to shape then cut it down to size, more costly. But maybe not, as I would have probably wasted more trying to get it right first time. Plus monsoon have just released the pro bender kit to make things a bit easier, or you can get similar kits from places like machine mart.

I'm still pretty new to modding, but years of maintenance work has taught me enough to have a go at most mods. Once I get my case the way I want it, I'll finish it with acrylic tubing.
Board: MVIF
CPU: intel core i7 4770k@4.8GHz
GPU: R9 290x
RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengence 2133MHz
SSD: ROG RAIDR 240gb PCI-e SSD
Case: Coolermaster HAF xb
Cooling: custom water loop
Monitor: Asus PB278Q

My build log photo dump