cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx GTX 560m problem ?

Retired
Not applicable
i've just bought my new laptop G74 sx with I7 sandy bridge processor 8 Gigs of ram and gtx 560m with 3 Gb of gddr5 and 500GB solid state hybrid(ssh)

i got an issue with games ..
i've installer gta4 and i cant raise the settings at all 😐
it tells i aint got good sistem spec to run the game 😐 (shows all in red at graphic options, and whenever i wana change res, or raise any other graphic detail it switches to the lowest possible )

another game that caused almoust same problems (but doesnt have a "safe" sistem like gta4 so i could pump the graphics up )
its stalker:call of pripyat
when i installed it at the screen where it "evaluates" your sistem to see if its up to the game all are greenies but the video card its red :))) even tho it can run at 40-50 fps at high settings .. easily

how can i fix it :-SS ?
15 REPLIES 15

xeromist
How the game evaluates your system isn't something that you can really control. The game developer needs to make a patch that will allow you to choose your own settings rather than forcing them on you.

All you can do is make sure that you have the latest drivers so that it will be most compatible.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

grungeboy2
Level 10
something going on there. did you patch gta to 1.0.7.0?

seems like maybe a issue of the game reading the computer wrong.

diegodelgado78
Level 7
I have the same problem and I can not fix.
even with command lines.
help!!:mad:

380mcn
Level 9
EVERYBODY'S complaining about the GTA4! just look at the foruns!
Mine was: performance: 110frames:take a nice 800x600 window! WTF!? lolol
I quit the GTA4 franchise !
Believe me, is not your system's fault is the god damn rockstar software that 'detects' the GPU!

so, answering your question: G74sx GTX 560m problem ? Answer: No.

wanfeilwong
Level 7
It's all Rockstar's fault on this. If you do a quick google search you'll find some solutions for this.
TO fix this all I did was add the following commands to "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" in the STEAM general properties tab for the game:

-nomemrestrict -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100

I believe you can do the same by adding the above line to the end of the "Target" line in the GTAIV shortcut
Asus G74sx-xn1

Intel 6230 WiFi/BT | Seagate Momentus XT | Razer Orochi | Sony Ericsson MW600

wanfeilwong wrote:
It's all Rockstar's fault on this. If you do a quick google search you'll find some solutions for this.
TO fix this all I did was add the following commands to "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" in the STEAM general properties tab for the game:

-nomemrestrict -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100

I believe you can do the same by adding the above line to the end of the "Target" line in the GTAIV shortcut

i'm feeling so dum right now..
thank you wanfeilwong.. maybe one day i will reinstall gta4 ..

diegodelgado78
Level 7
I disagree with you.
the system and the Windows Control Panel recognizes only the video card nvidia gtx560, but do not recognize the intel integrated video card.
when you start a game, the game only recognizes the video card integrated intel video card and not the GTX 560.

asus service center telephone after 15 € a phone call, has recognized the problem / defect.
I did download an update nvidia not compatible with my system.

compiuter be sent to the service.

in your opinion how should I behave?
The compiuter was bought 4 days ago, within 7 days, should I be refunded?

forgive me google translator

diegodelgado78 wrote:
I disagree with you.
the system and the Windows Control Panel recognizes only the video card nvidia gtx560, but do not recognize the intel integrated video card.
when you start a game, the game only recognizes the video card integrated intel video card and not the GTX 560.

asus service center telephone after 15 € a phone call, has recognized the problem / defect.
I did download an update nvidia not compatible with my system.

compiuter be sent to the service.

in your opinion how should I behave?
The compiuter was bought 4 days ago, within 7 days, should I be refunded?

forgive me google translator

it's not your computer problem. it is rockstar..

diegodelgado78
Level 7
and you think that the normal control panel does not see the nvidia intel integrated video card?
you think it is normal in Windows Panel "control \ System and Security \ System \ Device" the system sees only the gtx 560 video card and not the onboard video?
should not be both visible?