cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't like Windows 8, Want Windows 7

trino98
Level 7
Can I load Windows 7 Ultimate on my G750JW and my system still be stable? I have a lot of old programs and games that, if they will load on Windows 8, won't run even in compatibility mode. Some of them will not even load. So I want my XP back. Since Microsoft is not going to be supporting XP much longer Windows 7 is as close as I can get, at least my programs will work. Anyways! Can anyone tell me if my system will work with 7?
25 REPLIES 25

Nehmia
Level 9
learn how to google

https://www.google.com/insidesearch/tipstricks/all.html
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

chrsplmr
Level 18
If its the gui you dislike, update to 8.1
From what I have seen and 'the word' of those I highly respect [ie .. HiViz .. etc.]
8 is better .. and cleaner once you get rid of that 'stupid' touch screen ..

Right click on the task bar, click properties, click navigation ... go straight to desktop.

And if logging in everytime you boot 'bugs' you, like it did me .. check this out.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963905.aspx

Best of Luck. .c.

Retired
Not applicable
TS. I can understand you..

For once the great Microsoft masterplan, became a Masterflop for regular home users? with a tail of many of the big brands (too many chefs?).. listening to the users? (weeeeeee want a faster booooot), or simply cash hungry, who knows? Win ME works better.....:D

Win 7.. Yes, Keeping mine until i see something new out there..

am i missing something, or> You install the OS, just to remove a part of the OS?, to get the OS you want?

Its getting compatible in reverse also.. LOL in fact not at all so compatible with drivers and apps

one of my brothers is a VD at a large company, he likes win 8.1 a lot, he is more into business that OC, so is that group the main target? i dunno

If you ask me, that OS is a serious FCK up with the solutions the HW manufacturers offer today, but thats only my personal POV

i have been using computer long before Win 95 showed up (Sinclair ZX 81), and when a new Win release hit the market (back then when win was established on the market), many was skeptical at first (old habits die hard and stuff), but after some time, then the new win release gained the users trust and ever so often turned out great in the end (well considering).. and became the standard for that days computers and users..

10 print "Is this the case with Win 8?, no i dont think so"
20 goto 10
run

angrylemon
Level 10
If you dislike windows 8's gui boot to desktop with a start menu replacement such as classic shell (comes with boot to desktop itself), never have to use that new start menu and it feels like 7.

PS. There are many skins for the program on their forum.

angrylemon wrote:
If you dislike windows 8's gui boot to desktop with a start menu replacement such as classic shell (comes with boot to desktop itself), never have to use that new start menu and it feels like 7.

PS. There are many skins for the program on their forum.

This.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I also agree with the OP on this thread.

For a different sort of reply than what has been made so far:

I found that all drivers here that list as 7 or 8 do work for 7.
But that leaves out a few devices. Wifi, Bluetooth, and USB.

This driver here has both the wifi and bluetooth. But you need to extract this to a folder.
Then manually point device manager to find the driver it needs. Running the installer for the driver will not work.
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/driverdetails?driverid=6T70N

Currently I am still looking for the USB solution. But default windows usb seems to work fine.
I have all but this device installed at this time under Win7 standard NO service pack yet by using the 7+8 drivers here and the one in that link.

Edit: btw this is on a G750JX

speedmanz wrote:
I also agree with the OP on this thread.

For a different sort of reply than what has been made so far:

I found that all drivers here that list as 7 or 8 do work for 7.
But that leaves out a few devices. Wifi, Bluetooth, and USB.

This driver here has both the wifi and bluetooth. But you need to extract this to a folder.
Then manually point device manager to find the driver it needs. Running the installer for the driver will not work.
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/driverdetails?driverid=6T70N

Currently I am still looking for the USB solution. But default windows usb seems to work fine.
I have all but this device installed at this time under Win7 standard NO service pack yet by using the 7+8 drivers here and the one in that link.

Edit: btw this is on a G750JX

hey !

so you sure that all the drivers from Win 8 are fully compatible with Win 7 ( Ulti/Pro etc ) 64 ?
cause i do want to install win 7 , i don't like win 8 at all .

what about the rest of the drivers ( wifi and bluetooth ) ? have you found , in the end , the drivers ?
if you did , can you pls post the link for them so i and the rest of win 7 fans can have them ?
ty man !

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
You can do one of two things:

1. Yes, you can load Windows 7 on the laptop. The difficulty arrives in the form of finding drivers, as Asus does not supply them on the product's support page.

2. You can keep Windows 8 and use a virtual machine to run Windows XP, but how well your applications will run inside the virtual machine is up to trial. You do need either a pro edition or enterprise edition of Windows 8 to run a virtual machine, though.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Nehmia
Level 9
here is the USB driver for windows 7 for all G750 laptops:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/USB3.0/USB3_Intel_Win7_64_VER25019.zip
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers