cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace hard drive on G750jx

Sawdust46
Level 7
I am trying to replace the hard drive on my g750jx with a Samsung solid state 500g. The hd came with a 1T formatted into 455G 465G and 121G. I uninstalled the hd and installed the SS drive. Device manager sees the new ss as 500G but Win8.1 sees it as 120G. What am I doing wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

noone
Level 8
There was a 120gb existing? There is a disk manager, can't be bothered finding a guide for you, google it (generic Windows add disk, not specific to Asus)

Destructis
Level 7
I think it's seeing the original SSD. You got the G750jx - DB - 71? If you did, it' should have two drives that came stock, one SSD and one HD at 5400 RPM. Mine is partitioned like your was, but the SSD was a 256 split into two drives. Did you try going to my computer and see what drives show up there? It should be 3 drives right now if you put the 500 gig SSD in place of the HD. If that's the case, then you are more than likely fine.

I just got a Samsun EVO 500 gig delivered from UPS about 20 minutes ago and will be swapping out drives tonight. I am still trying to decide if I want to leave the 256 as the second drive or the 1TB HD as the second one. I am going to clone my OS to the Samsung. So anyway, look at "my computer" and see how many drives are showing.

Destructis
Level 7
I used the Samsung cloning that came with the drive and had no problems. I just wanted to get back to you like I said I would.