cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible experience with asus g750jh

ethem11
Level 7
i bought my g750 for $2300 on internet. i got it and install my important apps and ll my researches and everything. i used like 7 days and one day when i work on a Microsoft word document, my laptop is shutdown and restarted and i got a warning saying that automatic repair is starting. But after couple of second it was saying it did not start and there was an error. i tried to push to f9 button to go in to boot but it was saying same thing. Whatever i did, i could not fix the problem and i called Asus costumer service and they told me to ship the laptop. i shipped that and i am waiting right now and almost 10 days passed and they are saying i need to wait another 5 days. I would normally return it to seller but i have a lot of important information for my PhD research.

It is really disappointing and it is really shame. If you pay $2300 you are expecting better service and quality. this is my first and last time to get Asus laptop. Actually, i sold my Macbook pro and bought this and i was thinking i am getting better configuration and quality and i was thinking to play game and do my daily research papers. but I was wrong. I use dell and sony laptop before and they had home service and problem was handling within 2 or 3 days. I am away from my computer now 10 days and another extra 5 days. Whenever i get back my computer and hopefully with datas inside, i will sell it and buy another macbook.
11 REPLIES 11

Darnassus
Status Under Review
It's just a defect don't worry, but you should always keep a backup of things or operate in DropBox.

Darnassus wrote:
It's just a defect don't worry, but you should always keep a backup of things or operate in DropBox.

Absolutely true, +rep. 🙂

There are always bad apples (<-no pun intended) in every company's line up, and somebody is going to get them. 😞 However, ASUS does take care of things, and this support forum is not the place to look, because it is primarily people who have had problems. If you want an example of good, look at the group in my signature. 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

first thing i do when i get a new machine is... back it up before i even let it load the OS. Saves me every time.

LAMINI wrote:
first thing i do when i get a new machine is... back it up before i even let it load the OS. Saves me every time.

Always a good plan. I make the recovery disks first thing too. Always two sets as well, just in case.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

gazzacbr
Level 10
Hi, you were lucky to get 7 days. i tried to clean mine up and remove the bloat/crapware on the second day and the laptop would never restarted. recovery partition did not work either.
after a clean install (i.e. without any extra crap) its been perfect ever since on windows 7, 8, and 8.1 for work stuff and gaming.
yes, it is an expensive laptop and you should expect better but for me clean install is the only way to go.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

noone
Level 8
Does make me wonder now many happy users there are for every complaint.

Other than some issues with adding a SSD, my JW has been fine.

noone wrote:
Does make me wonder now many happy users there are for every complaint.

I choose not to jinx myself.

Destructis wrote:
I choose not to jinx myself.

3 G750's JW/JX/JH, all worked great out of the box, all running stock Asus installs + Windows 8.1 update + latest Nvidia drivers (beta too).

The only ongoing issue is the slow shutdown if I have Bluetooth enabled. No funny lines in the display, no crashes under load, no quality control issues - everything fits and nothing rattles.

The only design complaint I have is Asus choice of the SanDisk PCIe M.2 form factor for the SSD RAID. Asus should have included the 256GB x 2 in the JH instead of the 128GB x 2 - as getting the 256GB M.2 PCIe isn't easy. - and there aren't any PCIe M.2 form factor 512GB or 1TB drives.

The PCIe M.2 is faster performing than similar mSATA designs, but if Asus had used the mSATA form factor we could now upgrade to the Samsung Evo 512GB/1TB mSATA drive 🙂

Sorry to hear about your lemon G750JH, take it back to the dealer and swap for a good one, or if that isn't possible then set up an RMA with Asus - ship it to them Fedex Next day, or some similar fast delivery, and ask Asus to ship the same back to you.

Once you get a good one it will last a long time - my G2s is going strong after many years.

KoolASUS
Level 7
I wonder where HMScott is ...........