cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 660M can not handle lowest settings for Battlefield 4

potatopigs
Level 7
Hi, I have an Asus laptop with a gtx 660m with 2 gb of ram. I am trying to play battlefield 4, but it doesn't even hit 20 fps on the lowest possible settings and resolution. I have tried defragging, using razer game booster, disabling startup programs, and closing background processes. Is this normal?
2 REPLIES 2

GrZeLa
Level 7
Welcome to ROG potatopigs 🙂

Laptops Graphics Card will never work with the same speed as the graphics card on the PC. They will be always weaker.
The same situation is with CPU. Did you installed latest Drivers for your GPU. By the way is your laptop connected to the charger when you play BF4 or is working on battery?. In most cases FPS drop will be noticeable when playing on the battery. But I can be wrong in these cases so maybe wait for answer someone more experienced than me.
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D Cpu: Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition Cpu Cooling: Swiftech H320
Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Mem: Kingston 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz
Gpu: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler Psu: Corsair AX1200i
Ssd/Hdd: 1x Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB / 1x Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB / 1x WD Black 3TB
Monitor: Benq 24" XL2411T

Antronman
Level 10
The 660M is much weaker than the standard 660, which is in turn weaker than the 760. The 660M is more like the GT 640.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me