cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD's on G750JX

AdrianF92
Level 7
I just got a G750JX-DB71 and I have noticed I have 4 drives, 2 of which are SSD and each one is 128GB. The OS takes up a big portion of the C Drive. So a few questions.. I heard SSD's are better for gaming, so would it be advisable to install a game on one of my SSD drives? Also, can I merge both my 128GB SSD's into one 256GB SSD which would include my operating system? Is there a difference in performance when playing games on HDD or SSD?
6 REPLIES 6

kkn
Level 14
try the notebook section to get faster responce.

kkn wrote:
try the notebook section to get faster responce.

Moving to notebook section...
EDIT: Done.

In answer to your question, there is a performance difference, and so I would recommend it. Load times will be much faster. 🙂 I would not recommend merging the two drives, but that's really up to you.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Alright I will not merge them. So how does it work if say I wanted to install Counter Strike and World of Warcraft on the SSD drive that does not have my operating system on it? Never booted into a drive that didn't have an OS on it. If anyone could fill me in on how it works that would be great

noone
Level 8
You don't have raid config?
If not, then you just select that drive for the install folder, or use Steam Mover if you're a steam person (DONT USE CNET, FULL OF MALWARE) to tell it where you want the files.

Games load quicker on SSD, but the actual in game performance should not differ.

Antronman
Level 10
Having games saved to SSDs only makes a big difference if you play games with lots of loading screens. (I.E: Skyrim).
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Antronman wrote:
Having games saved to SSDs only makes a big difference if you play games with lots of loading screens. (I.E: Skyrim).

This absolutely, and at times World of Warcraft. ';x