cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73SW power issue

Megid83
Level 7
I'll post as much info here as I can, hopefully someone recognizes this issue and can help me out 🙂

I started having some issues with my G73SW a couple of weeks ago. After powering it off, the laptop would not power on unless I unplugged the laptop and removed the battery, and then plugged it back in. I replaced the battery, and even bought a new power adapter.

However, the laptop is not powering on at all. When I removed all power from the laptop and power it on, all the LEDs will flash on, including the backlit keyboard. I'll hit the power button, and it will blink once, then nothing until I remove all power sources from the laptop.

Anyone have any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Hexpigge
Level 7
Hey there, Megid83, welcome to the family.

I myself own g74sx and I've had a similar issue. It might be RAM. Take out the battery and unplug the AC adapter. Take of all of the ram and if you know how, or if you can, clean the connections (it's very unlikely that this will have something to do with the issue, but who knows?).

When I had a similar issue, one of the ram modules was not fully inserted.

Thanks for the advice. I had thought about this before and removed the memory from the back behind the hard drive, however I think there are two more RAM slots on the other side of the motherboard?

Also, I failed to mention something that happened just prior to it shutting down. I was playing a full screen video game, and the the game minimize and come back on, however the brightness of the monitor was reduced. It happened a couple times prior to the power issue.

Hexpigge
Level 7
Quad Core CPU model can support 4xSO-DIMM, up to 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz DRAM
Dual Core CPU model can support 2xSO-DIMM, up to 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz DRAM

Which one is yours?
On g74sx all 4 slots are on the same side. I doubt the rest would be under the keyboard.

You could try to unplug and take out of battery, and hold the power button for 30 seconds (it's a trick to let out all the charge out of the components).