cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding the screen.

JInst86
Level 7
Hey guys,
I just purchased a G750JH, and love it, thing's great. But when there's certain colors and shades on the screen, you can easily see the pixels in vertical columns separated at a normal viewing distance. Just seeing if this is the way the screens are or its mine in particular. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

KoolASUS
Level 7
it's the G750 itself. (or more precisely the motherboard i think, since changing the screen won't fix this)
some say the latest nvidia drivers fix it, but then you see a grid and not lines.
there is no definive solution.

noone
Level 8
Each of the GPU's seems to present different artifacts. Which screen? Matte / Glossy 3d?

JInst86
Level 7
I have the matte 60Hz screen. Good example is the black background on this webpage, it's not solid black, I can see all the rows of pixels vertically. Each row is a lighter shade then the darker gap between them. Its a little distracting and seems cheap to me.

KoolASUS
Level 7
there were many threads about that. (search)
some users were banned (?) or left the forum (because they complained about asus not fixing this ?) i dunno.
anyway, almost every g750 suffers from this phenomenon. don't know about other laptop brands.

faulty nvidia gpu ? faulty asus motherboard ? faulty driver ?

JInst86
Level 7
I managed to fix this issue! I was reading one of the stickys in this forum, and the person had mentioned something about the Asus Splendid causing this issue. I uninstalled and restarted, now there is no more veritcal lines. Couldn't ne happier, thanks for the input regardless. Cheers.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
It's nice to hear you've fixed it and enjoy your product. Don't forget to visit the forums again for more help in the future! :3

But most important, thank you for sharing your fix to the community!