cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to hit 4.8

Lynkdev
Level 10
So im back at 4.6 on my 3930k and RIVE because of BSOD during movies with "clock_watchdog_timeout" and "irql_not_less_or_equal" errors and while running at 4.8 at 1.4v Realbench passed on benchmark but not stress testing. I need to read up on offset and thought I’d be fine with the low temps only under 63 on two cores at this speed. Could this be from my digi settings?

VCCSA Current Capability at 130%

VCCSA Fixed Freq at 300

CPU Boot up Voltage on Auto

CPU VTT Switching Freq at 1.3x

CPU VTT Over-Current Protection is disabled

Dram-ABCD Current Capability set to 120%

CPU LLC to High

CPU Current Capability to 180%

My Corsair Dominator CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 is running as specified timings at 1600mhz @ 1.65v.

VTT CPU Voltage is on auto

2nd CPU VTT Volt on auto

CPU VCCSA Volt on auto

Speedstep is disabled

Spread Spectrum is disabled

I’ll try 1.42vcore and see what happens.
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Hi Lynkdev, I do not have the RIVE board but I have run realbench and the video encoding test is the harshest test. If you are failing that you are on the right track to raise your vcore. Keep raising it until you pass. Your temps look great you want to see 80c or below.

Lynkdev
Level 10
Thanks Nate, with 1.4 vcore and 4.8, realbech passes all tests but will not last more than 5 mins on stressing for some reason. Ill raise it and post back.

Nate152
Yep you got it if you're failing the stress tests you need more vcore, keep an eye on the cpu temps. What I do is uncheck all the boxes except the video encoding test. It saves some time.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You might need a bit more Vcore yes....but I'd also be interested to know what AUTO is setting for VTT and VCCSA...are you running XMP?

Lynkdev
Level 10
So i bumped up to 1.42vcore and realbench passed the benchmark test along with a 4 hour stress which resulted in the program force closing itself for some reason. Temps on 2 of the 6 cores hit 70 all others were around 65. No BSOD's and i plan to drop my vcore till it does.

Not running XMP Arne, and ill get the voltages on the Auto settings once i get home.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well sounds like the bump in Vcore solved it.

I mentioned the other two voltages because sometimes auto VCCSA sets low like 0.9x and bumping this a bit 1.025 1.05 1.1 can get you stable and you don't have to go as high with vcore....It's recommended to keep VTT/VCCSA within 0.3v of Vcore for 24/7 OCing....

Lynkdev
Level 10
Thanks Arne, ill double check this and post back. I noticed under CPU-Z that my clock shows up as 4799.9 instead of 4.8. Anyway to make it 4.8 all the time? just being stingy really..

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Heh I have had the same with all my CPUs always seems to err on the lower side of whatever clock I'm setting...not much you can do except set the BCLK to 101 LOL 😉

Lynkdev
Level 10
Looking forward to messing with those settings, Aprreciate it Arne.