cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with G73

Retired
Not applicable
I have a G73 from Best Buy and need help! The computer has a black screen (makes no attempt to light up or do anything). The computer was dropped a few weeks ago, however there seemed to have been no ill effects at the time. Yesterday when I tried to boot, all that would happen is that the numbers and caps locks would come on and stay on. There was no effort to boot. I've tried it a number of times and get this result most of the time. In about one in five times, the keyboard lights will come on for a few seconds then go off and the hard drive spins and shows to be active. After a couple of minutes the green light for the camera comes on and stays on. However, the facial recognition does not seem to be working.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what the problem might be. Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
If the computer took a dive then it's likely the ram or HDD has come unseated, or came partially unseated. Open the panel on the bottom and make sure all the memory is in all the way, and that your HDD is still in place (should be if you use brackets).

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks. Those were my first thoughts, too. I have reseated the RAM and HDD. However, the results are the same. Could something else be unseated, since it worked for a couple of weeks, or could the problem be unrelated?

Retired
Not applicable
I would take it to Best Buy and exchange it for a new one, that is what they charge the warranty fee for anyway...