cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-GASP- A girl in the forums ? #intro

GamerGrl90
Level 7
hey y'all ! Today I recieved my brand new ASUS ROG g75vw with Windows 7 (sticker says 8, but 7 installed). This thing is a MONSTER compared to the ancient pos Dell Inspiron 6000 I had before this (oh and I will never own or recommend dell ever) I just got done playing some Sims 3, and plan on installing Sims 2 and the 2 EP's I have (Uni and NL).

Abit about me. 23 year old straightedge female from New England, USA. I love motorcycles, buffalo's, Disney (Frozen the movie, anyone ?), Harry Potter (feel free to ask for my Pottermore sn), graphic design, vlogging on YouTube, video games (PS3, PC, Wii, 3DS). I recently lost my father this week to Cancer, Pneumonia and Sepsis. I'm currently on a life long weight loss and fitness journey and yes I have a fitblr [fitness related tumblr] 🙂

Stay safe, be strong, stay warm

xoxo

UPDATE 2/17/14: SIms 2 is a no go. Graphics card is too strong and the resolution is stuck at 800x600. Tried going into the coding, but to no avail.
18 REPLIES 18

adamsyes
Level 8
Glad to see more girls getting asus g series laptops over alienware or razer blade 😛

adamsyes wrote:
Glad to see more girls

That explains why you've changed your Pic to a real pic of you :cool: 😛 😉 😄

chrsplmr
Level 18
GamerGrl90 .. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to ROG.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dad to cancer as well, it is a long hard journey that
ends in peace, may you find it as well.

Sounds like quite an interesting array of interests ... buffalo ? to eat ? ride ? or just watch ?? hehe

I to0 am in the frozen, at the moment, north but spent many years in Florida. Disney was an
'up the road' favorite. [in fact if I get a chance to move back down, being close to Disney
will certainly be a consideration]

The weight loss / fitness battle is a lifelong adventure. Those with 'skinny' genetics rarely
pay attention to that journey .. but pay in the end for lack of understanding basics that 'we' that
struggle with it know all to well.
As an X Fitness Trainer [that's what I did in Florida-owned a gym] I can give you some very simple
advice that will make that struggle easier. Eat your egg whites .. lots of them. A dozen throughout
the day [if you can] and make that the only 'white' you eat all day. [ X - flour, sugar, potatoes, salt .. etc.]
Clean protein is the body's building blocks .. this alone can change your body .. life.
Type Two Diabetics, some, know that they are the 'holy grail', so do body builders.

btw .. what is 'fitblr' ???

Enjoy all that is ROG. May you always find more than you seek.
.. and Happy Valentines Day .. New ROG'r Girl. .c.

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forum, GamerGrl90.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying your new laptop. Game on!

adamsyes
Level 8
LOL Myk, i had that profile since summer. I didn't really 😛

chrsplmr
Level 18
GamerGirl .. didn't come back on Valentine's day ... I'm shocked. hahhahhahah
[don't let adam scare ya .. he is a good guy .. really. lol. but Myk ??? hahahha.] .c.

Welcome, @GamerGirl90! 🙂 That is sad to hear about your father. 😞 However, fitness is always a good goal, it's better for the health, and everything else.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

chrsplmr wrote:
GamerGirl .. didn't come back on Valentine's day ... I'm shocked

My fathers funeral / viewing was on valentines day.

GamerGrl90 wrote:
My fathers funeral / viewing was on valentines day.

A new beginning for all so touched and your father.
I find comfort in a circle complete is but half of eternal.
Saint Valentines Day is incredible to mark this coming. imho.

I meant no offense. You were all Gamer Girl on the 12th.
I thought a young lady such as yourself would be .. busy otherwise. .c.