cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Warranty

Nystik
Level 7
Hi,

Apparently you can buy extended warranty from ASUS? Currently I only have 1 year warranty, is it worth extending to 3 years for G750JW?
9 REPLIES 9

Nillaz
Level 7
I'm curious to hear people's experience with the Asus extended warranty. I didn't go that route when I got my laptop as it was an unknown quantity and instead opted for a 3 year SquareTrade deal.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I got 4 years with mine. Full cover, pick up and delivery. I think it's totally worth it if you don't trust yourself with fixing your own hardware when you've paid 2,000 for the unit.

But mine was in a deal. ;x

rohan2812
Level 7
I recently purchased the extension pack for 2 years (Total warranty 1+2 = 3yrs now) for my 750JX and it cost me around 110$ (USD). For this piece of machinery if any thing goes wrong you will end up paying a big amount for repairs or replacement. So extending the warranty sounded a better option in my opinion. Regards.
The Game is On!!! :cool:
G750JX-CV069P | i7-4700HQ | 24GB | 1.5TB HDD | 17.3" FHD 3D Screen | 3GB Nvidia GTX 770M

I didn't get it on my ASUS, because the hardware reliability seems to be very good, and I trust myself not to drop my toys. Now on my Surface Pro, I did, because I carry that contraption all over the place, so having it covered against accidental is a good thing. If you carry your stuff around, an accidental damage warranty is a good thing.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

sasha007
Level 7
Where from can Asus ROG extended Global warranty extension be purchased ?

sasha007 wrote:

When you register your laptop, there should be a tab to the left about getting the extended warranty, and/or you can ask via a Technical Inquiry. Sometimes the dealer will also offer the Asus Extended Warranty, but these days most have their own in house support packages.

It is a good idea to get the Asus Extended warranty if you want to keep your laptop running during the whole term of an extended warranty.

The house warranties like to offer replacements during the term, with another laptop, that is what digging into the offers turns up. The first year, or two years in Asus case, they may elect to send yours in for repair, but typically they offer a replacement - it pays to ask for the details about various fulfillment scenarios.

hmscott wrote:
When you register your laptop, there should be a tab to the left about getting the extended warranty, and/or you can ask via a Technical Inquiry. Sometimes the dealer will also offer the Asus Extended Warranty, but these days most have their own in house support packages.

It is a good idea to get the Asus Extended warranty if you want to keep your laptop running during the whole term of an extended warranty.

The house warranties like to offer replacements during the term, with another laptop, that is what digging into the offers turns up. The first year, or two years in Asus case, they may elect to send yours in for repair, but typically they offer a replacement - it pays to ask for the details about various fulfillment scenarios.

Would the extended global warranty be valid in countries other than US ? For Eg- India ?

sasha007 wrote:
Would the extended global warranty be valid in countries other than US ? For Eg- India ?

It looks like Cl-Alberts answer in the other thread covered this nicely. 🙂

Did you get a response from Asus yet?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
sasha007 wrote:

You can also pay with American Express and be surcharged about 4-5%. $50 in my opinion is worth the extra two years.