cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus R290 BIOS versions?

HSeldon
Level 7
I was having this "black screen " problem with my new Asus R290. I sent it back to RMA , and they sent it back to me , cause they didn't find any problems. Service says , they updated the BIOS.

I checked the BIOS version . It is the same as the one before i sent them.

I wrote the bios to a file using GPU-Z . Hash is different than the latest bios file from techpowerup .But the version is right.

Are there different bios files even the version is same?

Any explanation to this?

Also , is there another way to flash bios than GPU-Tweak? GPU-Tweak sometimes causes a system freeze, i can't trust it to flash the bios.
2 REPLIES 2

XarupS
Level 7
HSeldon wrote:
I was having this "black screen " problem with my new Asus R290. I sent it back to RMA , and they sent it back to me , cause they didn't find any problems. Service says , they updated the BIOS.

I checked the BIOS version . It is the same as the one before i sent them.

I wrote the bios to a file using GPU-Z . Hash is different than the latest bios file from techpowerup .But the version is right.

Are there different bios files even the version is same?

Any explanation to this?

Also , is there another way to flash bios than GPU-Tweak? GPU-Tweak sometimes causes a system freeze, i can't trust it to flash the bios.

On Asus Main website, got the page related to your product, Support/DRIVERS/Bios and download the latest update available over there.

Usually Sapphire and other brens rely on Third Party software to make that kind of update, but Asus developed and .exe that do the job. Just make sure to not have a power fault or hardware system freeze during update process.

HSeldon
Level 7
Yes, there is a new bios on that site . Some how , that file is even older than the bios that comes with the card. And card is already a few months old.